Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn I wish Thomas Sowell was 10 years younger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His view on economics is repugnant and genocidal and I disrespect him for that.

Comment

Brilliant man. Though i doubt he could be a president, he's way too smart to be a puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by ST. NICK View Post
        Isn't Sowell himself an intellectual? Based on his own definition that would appear to be the case. And much of the conversation is dedicated to the idea that "intellectuals" are rarely if ever best suited to lead. So I'm not sure what the point is. Intellectuals are best suited to point out the faults and weaknesses of other intellectuals? Only an intellectual can properly laud the achievements of a non-intellectual? That's pretty insular and totally ouroboros-like. Smart dude for sure but, as he himself would no doubt say, so what?
        Actually no, if you watched the whole thing, or knew anything about him. He's actually been out in the real world and made a difference.

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
        His view on economics is repugnant and genocidal and I disrespect him for that.
        Too bad you spend most of your time trolling utter nonsense like this.
        Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 09-30-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim Jeffries;9328654]Actually no, if you watched the whole thing, or knew anything about him. He's actually been out in the real world and made a difference.

I just looked him up. He's a fellow at the Hoover Institution which, according to their own website, is dedicated to, "collecting knowledge, generating ideas, and disseminating both..." Brother runs a think tank. How can you say he's not an intellectual?
          His terminology (not mine): an intellectual is someone whose "end product" is an idea. And here he is hawking his book. What's the book based on?

Comment

Alex Jones would sodomize this guys mind.

Comment

[QUOTE=ST. NICK;9328819]
              Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
              Actually no, if you watched the whole thing, or knew anything about him. He's actually been out in the real world and made a difference.

I just looked him up. He's a fellow at the Hoover Institution which, according to their own website, is dedicated to, "collecting knowledge, generating ideas, and disseminating both..." Brother runs a think tank. How can you say he's not an intellectual?
              His terminology (not mine): an intellectual is someone whose "end product" is an idea. And here he is hawking his book. What's the book based on?
              Let me try this a little slower.

By his definition, an intellectual is someone who has no real world experience outside of a classroom, which of course disqualifies him.

Obviously he's a hell of a lot smarter than most people claiming to be "intellectuals."

As for the drone spouting off about Alex Jones, puhleeeeeeeeeze, run along and create another alt. Dj emz, Insect, Jack D Ripper, Calisa, Dick Buffman, or whatever the hell you're calling yourself these days. It amazes me that there's even a market for screaming nutjob conspiracy theorists like Jones anymore. The dude should be in a straight jacket, not corrupting weak minds.
              Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 09-30-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X