Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does a good diet really improve fitness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does a good diet really improve fitness?

Well just asking because I really wanna improve my fitness... To build more stamina and stuff. My mate said "75% of fitness is what you eat, 25% of fitness is how hard you train" would you say thats realistic? I must say people who just eat healthy food (no training) do generally have a lot of fitness than people who just eat burgers and stuff.

If I trained as hard I did but eat just healthy food, would you say my fitness would improve dramatically? I must admit I eat healthier than I used to, but I still love the occasional snack and beer. The hardest I trained and most disciplined i've ever been was to make the bantam weight and that was hard.

Have cheat days... and yes having a good diet improves fitness tenfold.

But you don't have to go overboard on the healthy...just even things out.... all about moderation

Comment

I'm 5'11 and weigh 180 and can't for the life of me shed the extra 5-10lbs I'd like to. Ideally I'd like to make Middleweight which in the am's I think is 165 or 168 but that's damn near impossible. I'm about 50/50 on watching what I eat. Admittedly, I do work full-time and find it very difficult to train the way I should to make 168 but what really killed me was lifting for about a month or so and I blimped up from 173 to 178 and have had a ***** of a time trying to lose that muscle. Problem is I'm a small lightheavy which is why I wish I could make Middleweight. Diet is tough though man. It's so hard to stay disciplined when eating healthy doesn't give you that many options.

Comment

Loading up on fruit for breakfast and snakcing on it through day boosts your stamina like a mother****er! Veg portions and salands with meals alos boost your energy. What you eat is what you are. You are only as healthy as you feel

Comment

Working...
        X