Bob Fitzsimmons's triple crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Fitzsimmons's triple crown

http://www.boxing.com/news/comments/...ob_fitzsimmons

Maybe the most underated of the very greatest.

Originally posted by McGrain View Post
    http://www.boxing.com/news/comments/...ob_fitzsimmons

Maybe the most underated of the very greatest.
    Looks good I'll give it a read later on, added to bookmarks.

Been meaning to ask you this for ages on ESB but never got round to it, why do you rate Jack McAullife so high? I don't know much about him but a quick boxrec scan didn't help a lot as I didn't know much about his opponents either.

Comment

I can't repost the article here (comes from you know where) but I spent a couple of weeks digging up details on Jimmy Carroll, a British fighter who met Carroll. Who, right? Well it turned out he was one of Britain's best bare-knuckle boxers and regarded as one of the best fighters of the era full stop.

Boxrec lists him as having four wins.

The digger you deep on McAulliffe the more impressive he becomes. Guys like Billy Myer were some of the most dangerous fighters of that time. It's fair enough that they slip out of touch due to distance in history, but when you start to look...

Comment

Originally posted by McGrain View Post
        I can't repost the article here (comes from you know where) but I spent a couple of weeks digging up details on Jimmy Carroll, a British fighter who met Carroll. Who, right? Well it turned out he was one of Britain's best bare-knuckle boxers and regarded as one of the best fighters of the era full stop.

Boxrec lists him as having four wins.

The digger you deep on McAulliffe the more impressive he becomes. Guys like Billy Myer were some of the most dangerous fighters of that time. It's fair enough that they slip out of touch due to distance in history, but when you start to look...
        Thanks for the response, I felt that might have been the case, boxrec can be very patchy during that period. I still can't incorporate him into my rankings until I know the full extent of his resume of course but I'll be sure to give his record a better look.

Comment

Interesting read,Great find McGrain.Love the old fight footage

Comment

I think a cut off point for rankings is totally fair. There shouldn't be pressure to go further back than you want to until you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Axlsmith View Post
              Interesting read,Great find McGrain.Love the old fight footage
              Sometimes though...would be nice to have it in HD...

Comment

Working...
              X