No announcement yet.

The Real Roach Truth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Roach Truth?

1st off I wanna say despite what many are now saying, Roach is a damn good trainer. He may not be the best & may be overhyped but he is still a top notch trainer. We live in the age where if you lose as a fighter or trainer then you are immediatly an overrated hypejob bum who was never any good and has now been exposed but if you are rational then you have to aknowledge the good.

With that being said, I dont want my next comment to be taken out of context. What Freddie Roach has accomplished as a trainer & in life while battling Parkinsons is truly amazing and he has been an inspiration to alot of people but there sadly comes a time where you simply cant overcome the disease the way you once did.

I think maybe that time has come for Roach. He's always saying how fighters need to retire but maybe he also needs to retire at a trainer or get more help. He's getting more help now then in the past but maybe he still needs more. If you really pay attention, I hate saying it but he's deteriorating.

Everytime I see him he looks worst. His speech, his physical apperance, and even his presence in the corner seems alot worse then it was a few years ago. I just dont know if he can handle the job anymore. If it was one guy then it would be one thing but he's trying to train a ton of guys who pretty much all want solo attention.

I dont want him to stop all together as it helps with his disease to be in the ring in the gym and be use movements but I think that his time at the world class level maybe has passed. IDK if I had an up & coming big time fighter if I would want to put him with Roach and the sad part is that he's only going to go even more downhill.

Again, sorry if this sounds negative about his disease or his person. Thats not my goal but I think people & Roach should start thinking about it.

his mental state is probably not affected, only his speech. He has Parkinsons, not Alzheimers, and i agree its probably time to rethink his career. He's doing what he loves, but he could take a lesser role and still be involved in the sport in some capacity

Comment

His mental state is fine, but the thing is that you only get 1 minute to give instructions between rounds, and lately it seems that Roach has too many problems to give clear instructions to his fighter in that time.

Comment

yeah, I wasnt talking about his mind at all. I just meant that to me it looks like he's advancing to a higher stage of the disease. He doesnt look as good as in the past. He looks like he's decling in regards to the disease and I think he may be in trouble as a full time trainer to multiple guys at the elite level

Comment

Roach is getting a lot of **** for something that was out of his control. Khan got into the exchanges blindly and Khan lost the fight. In fact, Khan looked exceptional when he didn't go ****** by trying to rush Garcia without giving merit to his capabilities. This is all on Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
            Roach is getting a lot of **** for something that was out of his control. Khan got into the exchanges blindly and Khan lost the fight. In fact, Khan looked exceptional when he didn't go ****** by trying to rush Garcia without giving merit to his capabilities. This is all on Khan.
            We dont know the exact game plan. Roach can say anything after the fact. You could also argue that Khan looked exceptional at times because he has exceptional talent. It doesnt necessarily have to do with Roach. Khan still does alot of amaturish stuff that a good trainer shouldve had a hold on by now.

Again, this isnt to bash Roach. I started of by saying that people are ripping Roach too much and he's clearly an elite trainer but IDK if he can continue to cut it at this level with multiple guys. I just dont see the same guy that I saw 4 years ago

Comment

I seen a video on youtube I think it was one of Elie Sechback video in which Robert Garcia talked about how fans are so quick to blame the Trainers

I don't really blame Freddie Roach for Danny Garcia knocking Khan Out...does Freddie Roach really have to tell Khan to get out of the way of Punches and to Protect Himself and Keep His Hands Up when the spend MONTHS Training to fight that way and training to keep you hands up

a lot of it is on KHAN...BUT I do feel that Roach works better with Certain fighters like...BRAWLERS! but working with athletic Boxers is not his strength, if guys are willing to pay Freddie Roach good money to come and train him he is not going to turn it down that is for sure

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                I seen a video on youtube I think it was one of Elie Sechback video in which Robert Garcia talked about how fans are so quick to blame the Trainers

I don't really blame Freddie Roach for Danny Garcia knocking Khan Out...does Freddie Roach really have to tell Khan to get out of the way of Punches and to Protect Himself and Keep His Hands Up when the spend MONTHS Training to fight that way and training to keep you hands up

a lot of it is on KHAN...BUT I do feel that Roach works better with Certain fighters like...BRAWLERS! but working with athletic Boxers is not his strength, if guys are willing to pay Freddie Roach good money to come and train him he is not going to turn it down that is for sure
                I agree to a certain extent. IMO it's on Khan for fighting the way he did, going out there reckless trying too hard to deliver on the KO he promised. On the other hand I still can't figure out how his trainer hasn't tried to correct him lunging in like he does with his chin over his lead foot. Dude has just been asking to get knocked out for the longest, and his footwork is just horrible. This is stuff even novice people seem to notice. For example: I was telling the wife about the fights on Sunday afternoon and she said she wanted to watch the Khan fight, so I put it on. During the fight even she was saying "Why does Khan just leap in like that? It reminds me of a street fight". How is Freddie Roach not seeing something like this? Khan's talent has always been his exceptional speed, but anybody in the gym will tell you that timing will beat speed and that's exactly what Garcia capitalized on.

Comment

Time to take a lesser role and bring up the new generation of trainers in.

Comment

This aint his year thats for sure but I actually think it will inspire him to be better at his job. That said Pac lost, Amir lost, Vanes is gonna lose, Chavez is gonna lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X