Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez reveals next fight in Argentina against a top 5 opponent no matter what

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    He didn't say what division and so it would be foolish to rule out any of those three, which are top five at 154.
    Yeah, but there's no way Canelo, Cotto, and Mayweather are going to Argentina. I'm sure they could fill up a soccer stadium, but the money still wouldn't be close to Vegas money.

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
    i doubt it, argentina is going down like in 2001, its ensign navy school ship got seized in ghana for some bonds the country defaulted... prolly sergio would like to lower his purse for his fans but the "top 5" guy wouldnt come cheap... that situation is f'ed up, the sailors cant leave coz if argentina sends another ship or plane to pick them it will be seized too as payment... lol
    In the past, Martinez said HBO would back him if he chose to fight in Argentina, so they wouldn't have to rely solely on Argentinian TV money. There should be enough for a decent opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Yeah, but there's no way Canelo, Cotto, and Mayweather are going to Argentina. I'm sure they could fill up a soccer stadium, but the money still wouldn't be close to Vegas money.

In the past, Martinez said HBO would back him if he chose to fight in Argentina, so they wouldn't have to rely solely on Argentinian TV money. There should be enough for a decent opponent.
      OH. I didn't pay close enough attention to the IN ARGENTINA part lol

You know what could be fun? Quillin-Martinez and Matthysse-Maidana on the undercard. It makes too much sense to put that fight in Argentina and Quillin Martinez could be a good enough main event for HBO or Showtime to travel to Argentina.

Comment

he prolly meant wbc top 5 meaning , some unknown fighter or macklin again

Comment

You know who's ranked #1 at middleweight by the WBC until Saturday? An Argentinean fighter named Billi Facundo Godoy, who lost his undefeated record and Intl. WBC strap to a guy who was 19-9.

I guess we're lucky that one's out the window. Not that Sergio would cherrypick per say, but if you're going to fight at home, a #1 contender from your home country would be a logical choice.

I wonder if they'd offer the fight to Jermain Taylor? I know it sounds bad, but I doubt very many name guys would be willing to go down to Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

no doubt an event of that magnitude like floyd could fill the monumental estadio de river plate, luna park or la bombonera, the three main venues, but floyd is not going, HBO can lure a guy like angulo or kirkland, kirkland would be better coz most argies i know are kinda racist...

Comment

Chavez II in Argentina.......$$$$$

Comment

Guess he's not fighting peter.... that dude won't leave the U.S

Comment

Hope its not another **** opponent.

Comment

Billi Facundo Godoy is the #1 rated under the WBC and is from Argentina...... it's going to happen.... maybe.
                    He just lost his first fight in a 8 rounder against....some dude

Comment

That's sweet! hopefully HBO picks it up

Comment

Working...
                      X