No announcement yet.

WBA orders David Haye vs. Ruslan Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
    I think Price is better than Haye. You also underestimate Arreola. If he were to fight Haye, I would give Arreola between 40 - 45% chance of winning, and that's being conservative.
    Price is someone I like, but Haye would kill him.

Price has big power, but he's extremely slow on his feet and has poor defence. Wlad has great movement for a big guy and had a hard time getting to Haye with clean shots. He also has a very suspect chin to go with his poor defence, I would put big money on Haye sparking him early.

Arreola in my eye's is dreadful. I'd give him literally no chance. I understand why Weebler and others would like to see Haye have more fights against contenders, but I honestly think he and the Klitschko's spank every other HW with ease. Those 3 are very good while the rest are a mixture of average and atrocious.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-22-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I think Price is better than Haye. You also underestimate Arreola. If he were to fight Haye, I would give Arreola between 40 - 45% chance of winning, and that's being conservative.
      I think Price has the potential to be better than Haye down the line but right now I think Haye sparks him to be honest.

I agree with you on Arreola, he is not so far behind Haye as to render it a mismatch. In saying that, I think Haye would probably win that too.

Honestly, Haye could be a star on both sides of the Atlantic and beyond if he showed any interest but it seems he's risk-averse.

Comment

Haye doesn't spank anyone with ease. Haye's really not that good, he just doesn't allow you to see it by avoiding everyone but Klitschko. Don't get me wrong, I think he's talented and could really exploit the heavyweight division with his speed and power but he's all about that money.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          I think Price has the potential to be better than Haye down the line but right now I think Haye sparks him to be honest.

I agree with you on Arreola, he is not so far behind Haye as to render it a mismatch. In saying that, I think Haye would probably win that too.
          Exactly. Haye may be the best heavyweight not named Klitschko, but the guard is changing and there are some hungry guys on the way up. Haye's time in boxing's spotlight is almost over and if he wants to do something more, he needs to hurry up.

In a years time Price and Fury might not be as easy to beat as people think. They both have a ways to go but Fury is improving all the time and Price is getting the work in against increasing competition.

Comment

Haye would knock Chagaev senseless, whatever you can say about him he has scary power and is a very fast for the heavyweight division. But I don't want to see him fighting Wlad again, because it would be the same outcome.

Comment

Anyone who really thinks Haye would want to fight Chagaev these days is probably wrong.

Comment

Haye will never step in the ring with Arreola. Chris poses way too much of a threat. Haye is very calculated, if nothing else.

Comment

Not gonna happen, obviously, but if it did Haye would beat Chagaev up pretty bad.

Comment

If this fight happens then it means Volodymyr has unified the WBA belt 3x's against Chagaev, Haye and Povetkin and they're gong to hand out another one and create the same nonsense. I...hate....orgs. Haye being absent any dignity will look forward to calling himself "HW Champion" once again, shameless disgrace that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
                      Haye will never step in the ring with Arreola. Chris poses way too much of a threat. Haye is very calculated, if nothing else.
                      Arreola would bring no money to that fight.

Haye will only now make any real money against either a Klit, Price, or Fury. FACT.

Plus Haye would turn Arreola into a blithering vegeatable quite easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X