Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Ring Magazine Rankings, Donaire OVERTAKES Martinez and JMM to grab #3 spot....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
    donaire was the underdog against darchinyan & KO'd a tough montiel who was never been stopped in his entire career... martinez should be #5...

pacquiao
    mayweather
    donaire
    marquez
    martinez
    Donaire outranked Martinez before both fought Montiel and WIlliams respectively. But because of how he defeated Williams and the status of Williams as a fighter, Sergio moved ahead to #3.

But now Donaire has done the same to an equally caliber opponent, he deserved to jump ahead of Martinez in the rankings. It's back and forth between the two at this point. And it will depend on Martinez next fight, and Donaire's next opponent to solidify their rankings. At this point, is still shaky in regards to #3 and #4.

Comment

Donaire's new ranking was expected. I'm surprised Wlad moved up 1 position without doing anything however.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFreak View Post
        Have to disagree with this. Based on their accomplishments, both Darchi and Montiel deserve to at least be on the HOF ballot when their time comes. You just can't say the same for Pavlik and Williams. Darchi + Montiel > Pavlik + Williams, jro, and there really shouldn't be questions about that part of the argument.

That said, you made a good point about Sergio facing Pavlik and Williams one after another, while Darchi and Montiel took Nonito almost four years. Plus Sergio took out the Frog right before that, who outboxed Perro and therefore proved to be a player at JMW.

Rold voted based more on what his eyes told him. I say let the resume be the end all, be all of P4P and ATG rankings.

As an aside, Sergio is about to face a JMW champ at MW, and I'm not too sure how much credit people should give him for that one.
        I disagree, Darchinyan shouldn't be in the ballot at all...Why should he? Because, Donaire KO'd him? To be fair, could Vic be on the ballot? I mean if Sven Ottke can be in the ballot then I guess Darchinyan could do. But, if Ottke could be in the ballot than so could P-Will and Pavlik. But, in reality neither should be in the ballot. Should Montiel be on the ballot? Yes he should. But, should he be in the HOF? I say no he shouldn't.

ATG rankings yes resume and accomplishments are the end all and be all.

But, P4P is different because, it truly is opinion based. And, Cliff is right by letting his eyes judge his rankings. Because, that was actually the true meaning of P4P. If everything was equal and you just match skills would come out on top. So by that sense your eyes can do the judging.

Comment

WTF

Donaire's resume is better than Martinez

Darchinyan, Sidorenko, Montiel>>>>>>>>>>>Pavlik, Williams (which he lost the 1st fight)

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
            donaire was the underdog against darchinyan & KO'd a tough montiel who was never been stopped in his entire career... martinez should be #5...

pacquiao
            mayweather
            donaire
            marquez
            martinez
            Martinez KO'd Pwilly a big beast who overwhelmed every fighter he had fought..Let's not forget that Martinez should have a KO over Cintron as well and he KO'd Bunema..

Comment

Originally posted by **DEXTER** View Post
              WTF

Donaire's resume is better than Martinez

Darchinyan, Sidorenko, Montiel>>>>>>>>>>>Pavlik, Williams (which he lost the 1st fight)
              Pav was the MW Champ(what was Chinny?)Pwilly was the most avoided man from 147lb to 160lb Martinez resume is far better then Donaires..Let's not forget the time span in which Donaire fought his fights as well..

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                I dont agree. One fight should not do that.

Not for nothing and not on a racist rant but ANY POLL THAT INVOLVES a Filipino boxer in here.....I dont respect the poll.

In my years in here I have noticed that they have the most alts in here.... and vote with their flag before their brain.

so your saying your polls should remove pac and nonito? your an idiot. i am filipino and agree with most.

I think he has proved his skill and talent but should not be above martinez. p.will and pavlik are definitely better wins in my opinion. pwill was ranked 3rd p4p when he got ktfo and everyone was running from him. jmm is questionable. i think his huge loss to pbf is still hurting my opinion. the skill and talent would go in favor of donaire for age, skill, talent and a KO power. JMM for as long as i've watched his fights never got ktfo but has been knocked down multiple times. I'd think it would go to decision and sd to nonito at this point but close fight. with donaire's huge counter lefts (pac has knocked him down with this) will catch jmm multiple times.

Comment

I think it is wrong. i take it the ring aint high on martinez anymore!

it should be

1. pacquiao/mayweather
                  3. JMM
                  4. martinez

and then whoever!

Comment

three or more spectacular fights like this and donaire could conceivably become #2.

Looking forward to the time two filipinos will be ranked #1 and #2 respectively.

for now, donaire's position at #3 is rather tenuous. As long as floyd still doesn't fight this year, and donaire gives us more noteworthy fights, i'm sure the above prediction would happen within two years.

Comment

Working...
                    X