Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If DLH-Mayweather Does over 1.4 Million Buys...

What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?

Many people think DLH-Mayweather has the chance to top the 1.4 million buys that DLH-Trinidad did and possibly break the all-time record of 2 million buys for Lewis-Tyson.

A lot of people believe DLH is the one bringing in the majority of the buys, which I agree with, but he needs a good dance partner to reach those record breaking numbers. DLH was able to hit 1 million with Hopkins, but he could only do about 900k with Vargas and something like 600k with Mosley, both of whom are considered big attractions in the sport.

So if this fight cracks 1.4 million or more, how much of that is due to Mayweather's drawing power?

Why are people so hyped about this fight, at least tito and oscar were at their peaks when they fought each other. Am i the only one that thinks this fight will be heavily one sided in floyd's favour.

By the way, tyson, holyfield and oscar are the 3 big ppv draws in this generation. Floyd doesnt draw a dime.

Comment

Hes a big name, thats all. How do we know if hes even top 3 in his division? What has he done to prove to us that hes still one of the best? Beat Mayorga? The same Mayorga that Tito beat up before he got beat down.

Comment

Mayweather is not the attraction here.......DLH is generating 80% of these buys and PBF maybe 20% if he is lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by brownpimp88 View Post
          By the way, tyson, holyfield and oscar are the 3 big ppv draws in this generation. Floyd doesnt draw a dime.
          he draws 300 thousand at the least, every single fight.

Thats a pretty good draw for someone who hasnt been in a competive fight on PPV in his entire career...

PBF-DLH SHOULD definelty break 1.4 million. If it doesnt, its a sign of what shape boxing is really in.

But considering there were 900,000 PPV buys for DLH-MAYORGA, this should break easily, proving once again that BOXING is become an event based sport.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD II View Post
            Mayweather is not the attraction here.......DLH is generating 80% of these buys and PBF maybe 20% if he is lucky.
            Exactly. Floyd Mayweather is a name in the sport no doubt but 80% of the people buying this fight is because it's got Oscar written all over it. Let me see Floyd Mayweather sell over 2 million PPV buys fighting somebody else, then I'll say he's a main draw. Oscar is a superstar, Floys is not.

Comment

DLH is the main draw but Pretty Boy is doing a damn good job as a dance partner..The shove, the **** talking has everyone in in the world (but me) wishing DLH KO's his butt...They want to witness this so the will buy this...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?

Many people think DLH-Mayweather has the chance to top the 1.4 million buys that DLH-Trinidad did and possibly break the all-time record of 2 million buys for Lewis-Tyson.

A lot of people believe DLH is the one bringing in the majority of the buys, which I agree with, but he needs a good dance partner to reach those record breaking numbers. DLH was able to hit 1 million with Hopkins, but he could only do about 900k with Vargas and something like 600k with Mosley, both of whom are considered big attractions in the sport.

So if this fight cracks 1.4 million or more, how much of that is due to Mayweather's drawing power?

He did close to a million with Mayorga. The dance partner does not have to bee that good, but they are hyping this fight like no other, HBO that is. 11-city tour, 4-part TV special, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                  What does that say for Mayweather as a PPV draw?Many people think DLH-Mayweather has the chance to top the 1.4 million buys that DLH-Trinidad did and possibly break the all-time record of 2 million buys for Lewis-Tyson.

Nothing... ALL the drawing POWER is OSCARS to suggest otherwise.. Is delusional..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Exactly. Floyd Mayweather is a name in the sport no doubt but 80% of the people buying this fight is because it's got Oscar written all over it. Let me see Floyd Mayweather sell over 2 million PPV buys fighting somebody else, then I'll say he's a main draw. Oscar is a superstar, Floys is not.
                    If that's true, then DLH would draw a solid 900k+ buys every single fight but that's just not the case...

Comment

Working...
                    X