No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis was going to retire after Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    no - vitali had been a WBO champ. granted the WBO title at that time was a kind of IBO minor title that noone wanted, and that he had lost it pretty soon after fighting his first decent opponent, and that he then ran away from boxing scared ****less, he still had reached a peak in his career. He never got any higher than being a single title champ.

so was Vitali dominant or was it that he merely 'had been' dominating now?

Make it clear what you mean. The former means he really won, the second that he had a good start but got wasted later in the fight (which is what happens when your eye gets torn to peices for a tko).
    Lewis wasn't so fresh at the end of the fight himself, I'm not arguing that he didn't deserve to win but I'm arguing that it was a very competitive fight with Vitali being ahead at the time of the stoppage which was due to cuts.

How many fights do you know of that ended like that? I don't mean just stopped due to cuts but in a similar fight that Lewis and Vitali had.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      I don't know if Vitali was in his prime against Briggs, I didn't say that. I doubt Vitali would have lost to McCall or Rahman. So if we wanna compare their fights I can do that.

Vitali after his return hadn't lost a round or many rounds until he fought Chisora, even if the opponents aren't that good it shows how dominant he is.

What I'm doing is comparing them at their best and I think at their best they around the same level.
      prime Rahman and McCall would crush Vitali, thats why Vitali ran from postprime Rahman.

Comment

Given that Vitali had every edge but failed, I doubt it would be different. But if you cant beat a 38 year old next to retirement guy when you are prime then you clearly arent worth handing the torch to.

Wlad is the closest thing it comes to a succesor to Lewis, but hes not half the man Lennox was.
        I don't agree with what you said but yeh Vitali didn't beat Lewis that's what happened.

Wladimir isn't half the man that Lewis is? I'm not sure what you meant by that they are just as manly as each other.

Comment

prime Rahman and McCall would crush Vitali, thats why Vitali ran from postprime Rahman.
          I don't see how you could be so sure of that. Your other arguments made more sense than this.

Comment

I don't know if Vitali was in his prime against Briggs, I didn't say that. I doubt Vitali would have lost to McCall or Rahman. So if we wanna compare their fights I can do that.

Vitali after his return hadn't lost a round or many rounds until he fought Chisora, even if the opponents aren't that good it shows how dominant he is.

What I'm doing is comparing them at their best and I think at their best they around the same level.
            Again not answering the question.

Who has Vitali beaten to make you think he's on the same level as Lewis?

Danny Williams? Samuel Peters? Chris Arreola?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

All three of those are 3 round jobs at most for prime lewis.

Danny Williams is probably a 1 round job, with the greatest respect.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

Include Sanders as well. But none of Vitali's opponents are at the level of Lewis, I'm not saying that but it's how he beat them. I ask you the same thing, who has Lewis beat other than Holyfield that is at Vitali's level? We're excluding Vitali because you're talking about a prime Lewis.

Comment

Include Sanders as well. But none of Vitali's opponents are at the level of Lewis, I'm not saying that but it's how he beat them. I ask you the same thing, who has Lewis beat other than Holyfield that is at Vitali's level? We're excluding Vitali because you're talking about a prime Lewis.
                  How he beat them?

Golota, Grant, Rahman, McCall, Holyfield.

Christ even Bruno and a faded ass Tyson is better than anything on Vitali's win list lol and probably would have caused him trouble.

There's no win or opponent on Vitali's resume in my honest opinion that makes me (or the majority of the sensible boxing world) think that he's on Lewis' level.

I'm struggling to understand what makes you think that Vitali in his prime and Lewis in his prime were on similar levels? Could you explain that? What performances makes you think that? What win makes you think that?

At least answer that.
                  Last edited by P4P_No1; 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Why exclude Vitali? A past prime Lewis beat a prime Vitali, it's pretty obvious that a prime Lewis would have beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                      How he beat them?

Golota, Grant, Rahman, McCall, Holyfield.

Christ even Bruno and a faded ass Tyson is better than anything on Vitali's win list lol and probably would have caused him trouble.

There's no win or opponent on Vitali's resume in my honest opinion that makes me (or the majority of the sensible boxing world) think that he's on Lewis' level.

I'm struggling to understand what makes you think that Vitali in his prime and Lewis in his prime were on similar levels? Could you explain that? What performances makes you think that? What win makes you think that?

At least answer that.
                      I'm not arguing that Vitali has the better wins. Out of that list you put only Holyfield is comparable to Vitali. I've seen sensible boxing fans think Vitali is at the same level of Lewis.

When I talk about levels, it means a fighter can have a competitive match with the other fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X