Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im beginning to believe the theories on here that floyd actually let Cotto take him to the ropes. During the fight i said several times, why doesn't he just get out of there? He had tons of room and it even looked like Cotto wanted to fight in the center sometimes. If you ask me, Mayweather completely controlled the fight and purposely made himself more vulnerable. I hate to admit it but thats what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
      Im beginning to believe the theories on here that floyd actually let Cotto take him to the ropes. During the fight i said several times, why doesn't he just get out of there? He had tons of room and it even looked like Cotto wanted to fight in the center sometimes. If you ask me, Mayweather completely controlled the fight and purposely made himself more vulnerable. I hate to admit it but thats what I saw.
      Nope. Don't believe that for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        ^^^^

Comment

• im just saying i just watched the fight a 2nd time, and there were plenty of times floyd couldve gone back to the center. I think the reason he did it was because he wanted to prove he could beat cotto on the inside. That he didn't need to run and box. that being said Cotto put up a great effort and got in some good shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            That is exactly what happened. There are points in the fight when Mayweather goes to the ropes and he baits Cotto in. He knew Cotto would come forward and he thought he could just shoulder roll all of Cotto's shots. Mayweather was able to dodge all of Cotto's wide shots but he didn't prepare for Cotto's jab. He thought Cotto was going to fight like Oscar and barely use his jab but Cotto fought smart, just not smart enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              That is exactly what happened. There are points in the fight when Mayweather goes to the ropes and he baits Cotto in. He knew Cotto would come forward and he thought he could just shoulder roll all of Cotto's shots. Mayweather was able to dodge all of Cotto's wide shots but he didn't prepare for Cotto's jab. He thought Cotto was going to fight like Oscar and barely use his jab but Cotto fought smart, just not smart enough.
              wow, some of you really are idiots, really? he went in there not expecting cotto to use his jab? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
                Im beginning to believe the theories on here that floyd actually let Cotto take him to the ropes. During the fight i said several times, why doesn't he just get out of there? He had tons of room and it even looked like Cotto wanted to fight in the center sometimes. If you ask me, Mayweather completely controlled the fight and purposely made himself more vulnerable. I hate to admit it but thats what I saw.
                Floyd does like to fight off the ropes, but there were plenty of moments where Cotto flat out muscled him into the ropes. And he didn't allow himself to be hit at all, he just couldn't avoid the jab.

Comment

• we know floyd was always gonna win, it was all about how good he was in doing it that was up for scrutiny. we all saw the holes in his D and he just didnt have that blinding speed where he could lead with the left hook and land at will.
                  154 and the 10oz gloves took just enough away to make him look mortal.
                  also the new trainer diaz made a big impactm for cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Floyd does like to fight off the ropes, but there were plenty of moments where Cotto flat out muscled him into the ropes. And he didn't allow himself to be hit at all, he just couldn't avoid the jab.
                    Not only that but yes, Floyd wanted to go to the ropes as well - not because he's so great, but because it affords his legs rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Not only that but yes, Floyd wanted to go to the ropes as well - not because he's so great, but because it affords his legs rest.
                      To add to that I think a lot of people are forgetting that he wanted to give the fans something to remember.

People might flame me, but he made the Cotto fight harder than he had too to please the fans. Floyd could have fought him in the center of the ring and just simply boxed him. Period, old legs or not.

I watched it a few times and not to take away from Cotto because he fought hard but there were several stretches when Floyd was toying with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X