No announcement yet.

Anyone here from Ireland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from Ireland?

What is Boxing's Impact in Ireland? I'm very Irish, Because My Dad is from Ireland. I'm going to visit there soon. I was wondering what is it like there with Boxing? Anything Big like here in the United States?

Nope boxing sucks there alot of amateur stuff though if you like that

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger2408
      Nope boxing sucks there alot of amateur stuff though if you like that
      Thanks
      I was wondering because on a boxing site i was on, they had an Irish Journalist who covers Ireland, I wasn't too sure how big it was there

Comment

nah there more into games like hurling and galec football

Comment

Originally posted by Eyeh8you
          nah there more into games like hurling and galec football
          The Irish better like "hurling"....consider how much they drink.

Comment

Tis a myth they drink no more than any other people

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger2408
              Tis a myth they drink no more than any other people
              I know.....I am of Irish heritage (My father's parents are both Irish....from Tyrone.)

They don't drink any more than any other "group", but it is far more accepted there than it is here in the States.

Comment

Nopes not from Ireland . . .I'm from PACLAND BRO.

Comment

their gypsies are well into their bare knuckle boxing, why dont you give that a try?

Comment

Yeah man , I am from ireland , I live in athlone town , co . westmeath . Let me tell you despite the fact that we are called the fighting irish , Irish people do not follow boxing , except if they see one of there own fight eg steve collins . Most people in this country never heard of roy jones and barely even evander holyfield . But we all heard of mike tyson , but the vast majority of people think tyson is a scumbag not me though I think mike is great . Anyways this country has no real interest in boxing , in this country they like soccer but the most dominant sports are the home grown sports like hurling and gaelic , which I hate, I think those sports suck . They have what is called the all ireland championships here for hurling and gaelic where all the counties play each other and the winner is the all ireland champion , hurling and gaelic players are not professional so they dont get paid , they just play for the love of the game but I hope it never becomes a professional sports because the gaa players are a bunch of arrogants picks even though their only amateurs . I would hate to see like if they became pros . If you have been to ireland you will know that irish women suck there overweight and have beer bellies because they drink too much, they act like men . We are not a very health concsious or physical active nation , very few irish men or women go to the gym , if were not working we are in the pubs or niteclubs drinking getting fat . We are a very arrogant nation we think that the rest of the world love us but I think they are more incline to laugh at us or look down at us . We hate the english and we think americans are uneducated and stupid .

Comment

Working...
                    X