Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Fighter of the Year at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios.

Followed by JMM's boxing clinic on Manny Pacquiao.

JMM Followed by Nonito for his destruction of Montiel. His embarrassing win over Narvaez though was too disappointing.

Comment

In theory it has to be the winner of Froch-Ward. But, that will also depend on how the fight is won,

I don't think no one will have a better win that Donaire win over Montiel.

B-Hop left a bad taste on a lot of people mouth against Dawson. So I don't think he has a chance of winning.

Pac is done, zero chance of winning the award this year...If he wins? Oh the award losses all credibility.

I think Rios might be a dark horse. But, it depends on what kind of outcome Froch-Ward happens.

Comment

Marquez is most deserving but has no chance. I actually like Amir Khan if he beats Peterson. I feel he had overall best year from start to finish, dominating every opponent, and I credit him for staying busy instead of just waiting it out for a big fight.

Donaire might get it but I feel the Narvaez fight just left too much of a bad taste

Comment

Miguel Cotto iif he slaughters Margarito plus his win over Mayorga? Might be a candidate but I doubt he gets it, Mayorga and Margarito are too past it I guess.

Marquez had he been given a fair shake, would be a strong candidate but his win over that bum didn't do much for him neither.

B-Hop had this sh/t in the bag and had to F it up.

I guess I'm gonna go with Andre Ward after he spanks Carl Froch along with a very underrated win over Abraham.

Much like fight of the year, nothing spectacular that stands out this year, kinda sucks.

Comment

b-hop strictly on making history. this year has been crap and nobody really deserves the award but b-hop's title winning victory is pretty monumental

Comment

It depends on what happens in December.

Winner of Froch vs Ward would be the favorite, however:

If Darchinyan beats/destroys Anselmo Moreno...He's my personal favorite for the award (Wins over Perez, Mwamba(sp), and Moreno)

Matter fact I'll do a rating of victories.

Ward:
              Abraham B
              Froch A+

Froch:
              Johnson B+
              Ward A+

Khan:
              McClosky C+
              Judah B
              Peterson B+

Darchinyan:
              Perez A
              Moreno A+
              Mwamba C-

Donaire:
              Montiel A+
              Narvaez B

V.Klistchko:
              Adamek A
              Solis B+

Martinez:
              Dzinziruk B+
              Barker B

Rios:
              Acosta B
              Antillon B+
              Murray C+

Comment

excellent point...i would actually give it to darchinyan if he beats moreno. he's in tough there. especially if he wins it impressively.

Comment

It should have been JMM but having lost that fight tough to say, Khan I guess if he looks impressive if for no other reason he is an up and comer since no one really took it by the horns give it to a guy that it would help out.

Whoever wins it won't be a vintage fighter of the year~

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    excellent point...i would actually give it to darchinyan if he beats moreno. he's in tough there. especially if he wins it impressively.
                    Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    It depends on what happens in December.

Winner of Froch vs Ward would be the favorite, however:

If Darchinyan beats/destroys Anselmo Moreno...He's my personal favorite for the award (Wins over Perez, Mwamba(sp), and Moreno)
                    Darchinyan has no case. Something just wouldn't be right if you gave the award to Darchinyan but not Donaire. I know you gotta look at 2011 only, but the fact is every candidate on that list you can argue that they are the best in their division. Darchinyan isn't even close to being the best in his own division, let alone fighter of the year

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                      b-hop strictly on making history. this year has been crap and nobody really deserves the award but b-hop's title winning victory is pretty monumental
                      *Floyd voice* Like I said before.....B-Hop had this ish in the bank, but that "fight" against Dawson really ruined it, no way does he get it.

Agree with Top Rank on Darchinyan, although I don't see him beating Moreno.

Comment

Working...
                      X