Kanat Islam - The future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he has a fight tomorrow

Comment

Kanat fought last week....knocked out Basilio Silva.

At least he's staying active having turned pro last year....K2 should look at him and put him on Golovkin's cards

Comment

Activity is great but it's a bit pointless after awhile if all your going to fight is guys who just want the paycheck now i'm sure Kanat wants too step up and progress so lets hope his team can can do it or else someone else can

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          Activity is great but it's a bit pointless after awhile if all your going to fight is guys who just want the paycheck now i'm sure Kanat wants too step up and progress so lets hope his team can can do it or else someone else can
          I don't know who promotes him... but he did just turn pro last year.
          Hopefully K2 or main events picks him up

Comment

Contacted his management, Reynelo Management, said he's back May 17th to defend his title. They also got offers from top opposition (no word on who) but that they felt that he wasn't ready yet

Comment

Thanks for the info, was wondering where he had got to. Hoping he makes a moderate step up this year

He must have 300 amateur fights & half a dozen to a dozen in the WSB

He beat Tureano Johnson (guy who just fought Curtis Stevens) actually I think in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Thanks for the info, was wondering where he had got to. Hoping he makes a moderate step up this year

He must have 300 amateur fights & half a dozen to a dozen in the WSB

He beat Tureano Johnson (guy who just fought Curtis Stevens) actually I think in the olympics.
                Dude got back at me moderately fast, well... 3 days.... but surprised I got a response.

If anybody else has questions about Kanat for him to drum up interest

raynelo.llc@gmail.com

Comment

Asked his management again. They haven't updated boxrec, but he fought Friday

He defended his title on 23rd against fransisco cordero. 2nd round TKO.
                  Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
                  Guessing it's this guy

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1102&cat=boxer

Comment

This guy got ko'd by Jorge Solis 3 and a half years ago.... at Featherweight

Comment

Similar to a young Nigel Benn. Big punching, quick, reckless but you can see some talent there. With a bit of fine tuning he could be good.

29 though. Its a shame so many of these Eastern Euro guys go pro so late. He should be fighting these guys and looking reckless at 20 not 29

Comment

Working...
                      X