No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis vs. Vitali Klitschko: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I think this should put to rest Franken****tard/KNN/whatever the hell he's named himself this week's claims that having 50 pounds of lard around your waist makes you a better fighter.....assuming Solis legitimately hurt his knee and wasn't dogging it as Vitali was thinking. Quite frankly I've been hit harder by my 7 year old cousin then the shot Vitali landed so Vitali had a right to be pissed about it: Nobody likes to win with an asterisk.

Poet
    He doesn't mind his whole mystique being built on a pair of asterisks though.

Ahh. Irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      He's worse. Audley, Gold Medal or no, wasn't ever as good an ammy as Solis was. He wasn't afraid. He's just sloppy. being less fat does not equal getting in shape.

Bring on a real pro like Tomasz or Haye. They might lose, probably will, but they pay the price and show ass before the fight.
      You are being to hard on Solis Cliff. What if he was really caught by a legit KO shot and what if he really blew his knee while going down as suggested by the german doctor (without examining Solis)?

In fact the above is how I saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom!
        Do you dislike Vitali?

He's not only a great heavyweight, but a good man outside the ring too.

It puzzles me why anyone wouldn't like him.
        No. I also dislike it when fanboys make believe some piece of fat underachievement is good so they can pretend their hero isn't fighting a bum. His best win is what? Corrie Sanders? If Sanders hadn't caught lightning in a bottle once, he'd be just another one dimensional half asser on Vit's record.

Vit is a tragic figure almost; Roy Hobbs-ish without the crazy stalker. He should be great but Kohl sat on him with kid gloves for years and then when he was posed to go on the sort of sustained run his bro has since Brewster I, he was hurt. There are a couple decent fighters out there for him, especially if by some luck Haye does Wlad. Adamek and Haye are the best thing that have ever happened to the Klits. Small, sure, but they ARE good and they get in shape. Too often for them it is one or the other.
        Last edited by crold1; 03-19-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          You are being to hard on Solis Cliff. What if he was really caught by a legit KO shot and what if he really blew his knee while going down as suggested by the german doctor (without examining Solis)?

In fact the above is how I saw it.
          Too much weight is a leading cause of leg injuries. He also never beat a legit contender to get a shot in the first place. On to the next one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom!
            Do you dislike Vitali?

He's not only a great heavyweight, but a good man outside the ring too.

It puzzles me why anyone wouldn't like him.
            Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            He doesn't mind his whole mystique being built on a pair of asterisks though.

Ahh. Irony.
            Regardless of what faults Vitali or his brother have as fighters (and they have a fair few) I don't think anyone can fairly claim that they're cherry pickers and Vitali has certainly never stuck me as someone who'd be happy to pick up a win because his opponent was dogging it. Whatever their faults, both brothers act like professionals and show up in shape for their fights. Too bad their their opponents can't be arsed to do the same. If Vitali has reason to believe Solis dogged it than I can't blame him for being pissed.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Too much weight is a leading cause of leg injuries. He also never beat a legit contender to get a shot in the first place. On to the next one...
              Hence why you see linemen and linebackers in the NFL hurting their legs and knees all the time. You can pack on 75+ pounds of artificial muscle or fat but you still have the frame, joints, tendons, and ligaments of someone that weighs 75+ pounds less and they aren't designed to take those kind of stress loads.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Regardless of what faults Vitali or his brother have as fighters (and they have a fair few) I don't think anyone can fairly claim that they're cherry pickers and Vitali has certainly never stuck me as someone who'd be happy to pick up a win because his opponent was dogging it. Whatever their faults, both brothers act like professionals and show up in shape for their fights. Too bad their their opponents can't be arsed to do the same. If Vitali has reason to believe Solis dogged it than I can't blame him for being pissed.

Poet
                I was just making a joke about Byrd/Lewis. he has EVERY right to be pissed. he busts his hump, goes through camp, and that's what he gets for it? I MARVEL at how pro the Klits are. They show up no matter what.

Salud to that.

Comment

Working...
                X