No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Stark Jr. Rises Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Stark Jr. Rises Again

By Thomas Gerbasi - Gary Stark Jr. remembers the old days in the gyms around Brooklyn and Staten Island. Back then, he was going to be the next champion to emerge from the city, a slick boxer with flash, heart, and charisma, one who was getting a lot of attention in a place where you have to be special to earn that right.

And the kids in the gym knew it. There was Danny Jacobs out of Brooklyn, Marcus Browne out of Staten Island, and of course Stark’s own peers, Curtis Stevens, Jaidon Codrington, Paulie Malignaggi, and Luis Collazo.

Just a few years into the new millennium, “Kid” Stark and his friends made up what many believe was the last Golden Age of New York boxing. There was a buzz in the air back then, an idea that multiple champions would emerge from the Big Apple.

“All these guys used to come up to me and say ‘hey Kid, how do I look?’” recalled Stark. “Danny Jacobs, and Curtis and Marcus. And now these guys are boxing. They were like my little brothers. And now when I’m looking bad in the gym, I’m like ‘hey Marcus, how do I look?’ (Laughs) I’m sparring the other day and Danny’s giving me advice. That’s what I used to do, and these guys are boxing right now.” [Click Here To Read More]

Wish him all the best... Remember having an open and deep interview with him after the Ledesma loss.. Cool dude and hope he can make a run at it..

Comment

His shoulder should be fine now - I know firsthand that Dr. King is a helluva doctor - he definitely was in good hands. Wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
      X