Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley: I Know I Can Be The First To Stop Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Audley: I Know I Can Be The First To Stop Wilder!

AUDLEY HARRISON says he is razor-sharp ahead of the fight that could end his career.

The 41-year-old meets rising American star Deontay Wilder on the Amir Khan undercard tonight.

Harrison fights just six months after he was flattened in 82 seconds by David Price.

But he bounced back to win Prizefighter for the second time.

He said: "I am razor sharp. I am now a complete fighter and I know I can become the first person to stop Deontay as I continue on my journey."
    [Click Here To Read More]

He says that as if it would be some legendary accomplishment. Wilder has fought no one.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      He says that as if it would be some legendary accomplishment. Wilder has fought no one.
      Yes but still it would be a big suprise. I just cant see it because of Harrisons glass-jaw though. But if Harrison lands first who knows? Wilder could also have a glass-jaw. I just hope Harrison manages to land one big shot on Wilder to see if Wilder can take it.

Comment

Still don't know what to think about this fight. Just in terms of punching power, it's a big step for Wilder. Of course Audley will actually have to throw for that to matter, but I really want to see Wilder take a couple.

He's not really given credit for appearing to be a thinking fighter who is pretty patient in and out of the ring. It's a good attribute, but with nothing coming back at him so far, still not sure of what his fighting instinct is in the heat of battle. He might give Audley time to throw, a lot will depend on how those sparring sessions went...if Audley already has Wilder's respect he might have a window to do something. Like to see how he reacts to getting hit with the type of technique Audley would be hitting him with because it will give more substance to what he is

fun change to have a US fighter of note go overseas and represent so I'll be rooting for him

Comment

Audley will be looking to land that straight left

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            typical afircan american hype job, 99% of them are.

Comment

Audley Harrison once crossed the road. No one has ever questioned his motives.

Comment

Wilder might be too busy for Audley. But, I won't be that surprised if Audley wins. This is definitely a step up for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
                  I don't hear anyone claiming Wilder is elite. He is also ranked 31st on Boxrec and 30th by the WBC. He isn't even ranked in the top 15 by either the IBF or WBO. He is ranked 9th by the WBA which is laughable and he has fought no one. So I am just curious as to why you believe that he is a hype job?

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
                    Folks are excited about him because of his height and athleticism and perceived power punching. He's not being hyped because he is simply African American.

Comment

Working...
                    X