No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Danny Garcia Out-Powers Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Danny Garcia Out-Powers Erik Morales

Junior welterweight Danny Garcia landed 100 more power punches in the fight and outlanded Erik Morales 40-10 over the last two rounds and scored a knockdown to win a twelve round decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

I thought it was over when he got caught in the 11th.

That was a hell of shot he didn't see coming.

Comment

Don't like applying compubox but it does support my opinion that the scorecards were not a complete disgrace like many suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Don't like applying compubox but it does support my opinion that the scorecards were not a complete disgrace like many suggest.
        boxing is scored by rounds.

mmm if youre going by numbers(compubox is complete bollocks so i dont know why anyone would), you do realize morales landed at least the same amount of punches than garcia in 5 rounds? i dont have a problem with Garcia winning or anything, but the open scoring affected Morales' performance late...he took one too many chances in the 11th because he knew he was so far behind.....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          boxing is scored by rounds.

mmm if youre going by numbers(compubox is complete bollocks so i dont know why anyone would), you do realize morales landed at least the same amount of punches than garcia in 5 rounds? i dont have a problem with Garcia winning or anything, but the open scoring affected Morales' performance late...he took one too many chances in the 11th because he knew he was so far behind.....
          Like I said in my previous post I don't agree with relying on compubox either just saying that it supports my opinion that it isn't the planned robbery people make it out to be.

As you said they landed an equal amount of shots in some rounds meaning the Judges could be swayed by activity and significance of the punches landed. I gave 4 rounds to Morales probably I can't remember but I acknowledge the fact that I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because I wanted to see a legend pull a rabbit out the hat. For an impartial Judge it is not ludicrous to assume they wouldn't give Morales the benefit of the doubt in the closer rounds and score them as they objectively see things which was evidently in Garcia's favor.

Comment

i gave morales 3 rounds. he was scoring but he was coring with his jabs. garcia was using much more power. to me it was clear he dominated.

Comment

Damn people are being hard on Morales, he turned in a Bernard Hopkins like performance. Very crafty. Thought his way through the fight. Bad showing for Danny Garcia.

I gave Morales 6 rounds, so he still lost, but it was by no means as bad as some people are making it out to be.

The judging was questionable at best. Morales controlled the pace, I felt he was for the most part landing the cleaner shots (he can't punch for **** at 140) and was clearly the smarter man all night.

Have never been a big morales fan, but it was a fun fight to watch.

Comment

Say what you want about that fight but that was the worst I've ever seen Danny Garcia look in a long time he wont get far fighting like that.

Comment

judgs don't count punched...if they do they shouldn't b judging but judge Conde Lopez scoring 10-2 w/knockdwn is way off...does any1 thing Morales only won 2 rounds???????

Comment

Working...
                  X