No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darchinyan, Mbamba Make Weight, Ready To Rumble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darchinyan, Mbamba Make Weight, Ready To Rumble

IBO bantamweight champion Vic Darchinyan (36-3-1, 27KOs), and challenger Evans Mbamba (18-1, 9KOs), had no issues with making the weight for their scheduled clash on Saturday night in Yerevan’s Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concert Complex. The challenger came in light, at 53 kilograms [116.8-pounds], while Darchinyan was 53.5-kilograms [117.9-pounds].

[Click Here To Read More]

Darchinyan is gonna lose .lol naw, I don't think they would be that stupid to pick the wrong dude in his first fight in his home land.I say 2 round ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
      Darchinyan is gonna lose .lol naw, I don't think they would be that stupid to pick the wrong dude in his first fight in his home land.I say 2 round ko.
      Darch can't dissapoint in front of thousands of countrymen. Come on DARCH !

Comment

Haven't watched vic in a while. Does he still throw that stupid cocked back left?

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
          Haven't watched vic in a while. Does he still throw that stupid cocked back left?
          Did you not watch the bantamweight tournament?

Comment

Vic's career is on a downward arc, much like Cotto's -- in the same way, his people have to be very careful about who they put him in with -- e.g., nobody with much punching power or who is in their prime

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
              Did you not watch the bantamweight tournament?
              off an on. I know he lost a few in the tournament but I haven't been paying attention to his fights.
              Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mshap View Post
                Vic's career is on a downward arc, much like Cotto's -- in the same way, his people have to be very careful about who they put him in with -- e.g., nobody with much punching power or who is in their prime
                i disagree ... he arguably beat mares ( i had him winning) ... and beat perez pretty easily who arguably beat mares .....darchinyan is still a force to be reckoned with at bw....i think he beats arce again for that his at 122 ....with the expection of nonito , agbecko, darch has a good chance beating everyone else at bw including moreno imo

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  off an on. I know he lost a few in the tournament but I haven't been paying attention to his fights.
                  He lost a controversial fight against Abner "Low blower" Mares (where there were also a few low blows BTW) and won against Perez by a technical decision in round 7 if I'm not mistaken. He wants a rematch with Mares, I don't really believe they will meet again soon, though.

Comment

Vic was a WBA, WBC & IBF super flyweight World Champion. Darchinyan is a former IBF flyweight champion and he has captured 4 IBO titles in his career. Wtf else does he need to prove to the haters! All he has to do is go up in weight and avenge his loss against Nonito and Abnellina Low Blow Mares! His ppl don't have to watch out for him, I think at his age he's not at a decline yet has too just avenge those two losses before retiring! Nonito will be difficult as Flash has quick handsand with Vics unorthodox stance he gets hit a bunch, if he works on his defense instead of brawling with Flash he will and can KO Nonito! His power is enuff for him to d that! Abnellina is just gna lose to Vic if they re-match he got a gift against Vic and Agbeko. War - Raging Bull!

Comment

Working...
                    X