Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
    None of them even come close to borderline HOF seriously. At that time LW division sucked, all those DeJesus, Ishimatsu, Lampkin, Bizzarro, Viruet, Robertson didn't win anything significant before facing Duran. Many boxers you pointed like Marcel were green without experience and zero accomplishments. Just because Duran was KOing contenders impressively doesn't mean that he was beating elite fighters.

Kobayshi my ass doesn't make you ATG and that mediocre contender Jorge Castro beat him by a decision.

Please watch those fights bro.

Comment

Right now, Duran of course. We've seen his whole career play out and can put it in perspective, Manny is still out there doing it and says he has about 6 fights left in him. If he uses those bouts to win a record-breaking (his own) 5th lineal title at welter and possibly record-breaking (his own) 9th divisional title at MW... then who knows how history will judge the two 10, 20, 30 years from now?

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        It's amazing thinking you know a lot about boxing then you read jro's guatemalas ass post and your like damn...time to hit up youtube and learn some ****.............i just don't see how pac comes close...
        Just imagine 15 years from now....When Pac is shot to **** fighter. Fighting against a prime top contender.....I mean that's what Duran did and won.

How about.7 years from now? Because, that is what Pac did...

This is what's wrong with this new generation. They're lazy...They don't want to do research, they don't want to look at old tapes of fights. Because, it's in black and white or the footage is crappy so they don't even want to waste their time.

A lot of these new generation just know about Roy and Toney as a fat loudmouth or a shot glass chinned fighter. I can see when Pac and Floyd become and still fighting and more than likely losing. That new generation from that time. Will look at Pac and Floyd as meh....And, think whatever Hot Joe Blow of that time would be able to beat them.

Because, they will be too lazy to try to do any research look at any footage.

I lol @ people saying Duran dominated a weak era. It was not weak at all...I lol at people thinking the only HOF'er or good fighters that Duran fought where part of the fab 4. Which is not the case.

And, is not about Duran staying long enough. But, its who he beat...Barkley and Castro were big strong prime top contenders. An old small fat Duran beat them...

Do you know how great you have to be to beat SRL? A prime SRL? Yes he quit in the rematch. But, he still beat a prime SRL. Who has done that? Benitez didn't do it, Hearns didn't do it, Kalule didn't do it. A LW, who dominated and cleaned out the division for a whole decade, went 53-1 and for that decade at 135 did it. That's true greatness man.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          Right now, Duran of course. We've seen his whole career play out and can put it in perspective, Manny is still out there doing it and says he has about 6 fights left in him. If he uses those bouts to win a record-breaking (his own) 5th lineal title at welter and possibly record-breaking (his own) 9th divisional title at MW... then who knows how history will judge the two 10, 20, 30 years from now?
          Pac fights Mosley then possibly JMM for a 3rd time and both at 147...Will any of these wins really move Pac up? If so why?

Now, the plan is Pac to fight Mosley and JMM this year.(seriously would that make this year impressive?)

And, for Cotto to beat Mayorga and then go on and beat Margarito. Also JCC Jr to beat Zbik for the WBC MW title.

And, then have the showdown between Cotto and JCC Jr at MW for the WBC title. That's the plan.

Now if Pac fights the winner of Cotto-JCC Jr at MW(more than likely we both know it would be at a catch-weight) and Pac goes on to beat the winner to win his 9th title in 9 divisions...Is that really impressive? Especially if Martinez is still at top of the weight-class?

And, if it's impressive how so? How's the 8th title in 8 division impressive? Not taking away from the previous 7. But, the 8th how is it impressive...

I'm just curious to see if you really will think that would be great for Pac legacy.

Because, is not about titles(I mean Oscar has 6 in 6 really) is not about beating name fighters either. Because, more importantly then who you beat, is when. Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            duran boxed for about 30 years man
            I think for 32 years. I saw his last fight against Macho Camacho, and Hector said some very nice things about him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Well are Jones and Toney beating prime contenders like Duran did? If not then is not more impressive now is it?

And, no Duran doesn't have a losing record against HOF'ers. He might not have a winning record. But, doesn't have a losing record either.

You just haven't studied the gam(e) long enough to know WTF you're talking about.
              Well what you're saying to me is that Duran has an even record because one more either way is the difference in a winning or losing record. You are such a *****y lil keyboard thug.

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
              i still say pac's biggest win is the first barrera fight....the third and second morales fight dont mean much....hatton i really don't see as a big win either for him and floyd..i had collazo beating him and lozcano would of ko hatton if it wasnt for the tying shoe bull****...cotto im sorry but a catchweight is bull**** especially after cotto has to go to 154...margarito hahaha come on diaz? Clottey? Pac is a damn good fighter but when people put him up there top 20 is just crazy
              What about Marquez? Why wouldnt the Morales fights count. I was willing to disregard an over the hill Duran but you wanna take away any part of Manny's career to make your argument. Cotto signed the dotted line man. When are yall gonna stop removing things from history. It happened and thats it. Whether it was 147 or 142 or 155, the way Cotto fought that night was dumb and undisciplined so he would have lost. Margarito was the same Margs we always saw and it almost got him by with Pac. Pac just had another gear.

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
              Duran is the one who introduces the words "NO MAS" to the boxing world and even beyond that. when one says "NO MAS" it automatically brings back memory of the time he turned his back to leonard. "NO MAS" is identified and synonimous to "ROBERTO DURAN" when it comes to boxing and thats part of his legacy, how therefore thats better than any fighter like pacquiao?
              When people argue for Duran they make it seem like you're nuts for even bringing that up. That wasn't an over the hill Duran either. He just got frustrated and quit which was the childish way out but God forbid you bring it to light. Cant be erased for the sake of his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                We are talking about prime age right? Why his lost was the Upset of the Year if it didn't mean anything like Torrecampo lose? Did I mention all his 16 loses up to Hector Camacho when Duran was old?
                He lost to Hector when he was 50 years old, and Camacho told the interviewer that he hopes
                that he can fight as well when he's 50. It was a full 12 rd. fight and I saw every second of it.

Duran was in his prime as a LIGHTWEIGHT when he was unbeatable. As I recall, he took Esteban De Jesus lightly and was floored in the first, and lost the only fight he would lose for the next 50 or more. He beat him in the return late KO I think, but also was floored in the first again. In the 3rd fight he won very easily.

Duran, by the timer he was a welterweight was well past his prime, and having bad weight troubles because of bad eating and training habits. I have met Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  I think for 32 years. I saw his last fight against Macho Camacho, and Hector said some very nice things about him.
                  DURAN,DURAN and not the singing group

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                    Duran freaking beat Iran Barkley in his own division when Duran was past his prime- Pacquiao could never do that, even at his prime.

Pacquiao would never fight Hagler or Hearns in their own division- Pacquiao won't even fight martinez at a catchweight.

Pacquiao has never beaten anyone as great as Sugar Ray leonard, who is a solid top 5 ATG.

Pacquiao is nowhere near Duran's Level.
                    AND....incidentally, Duran was a small guy, about the same size as Manny P. the guy they call a midget.......

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      well what you're saying to me is that duran has an even record because one more either way is the difference in a winning or losing record. You are such a *****y lil keyboard thug.

What about marquez? Why wouldnt the morales fights count. I was willing to disregard an over the hill duran but you wanna take away any part of manny's career to make your argument. Cotto signed the dotted line man. When are yall gonna stop removing things from history. It happened and thats it. Whether it was 147 or 142 or 155, the way cotto fought that night was dumb and undisciplined so he would have lost. Margarito was the same margs we always saw and it almost got him by with pac. Pac just had another gear.

When people argue for duran they make it seem like you're nuts for even bringing that up. That wasn't an over the hill duran either. He just got frustrated and quit which was the childish way out but god forbid you bring it to light. Cant be erased for the sake of his fans.
                      i had jmm winning both fights especially the 2nd one..but we can argue that all night

Comment

Working...
                      X