Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GB has ruled out Lara, K9, Trout, Quintana, and Cotto for Canelo. Who's left?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
    id be down to see him fight mayorga.
    All the questions we all have about Canelo will likely go unanswered if you're right and I wouldn't buy it as a headline PPV, but yeah, why not? Mayorga never fails to entertain.

Hell,I would get behind it just to hear all the horriblicious **** that Mayorga would talk pre fight.

Comment

Could it honestly be De LA Hoya?

Lol, I could honestly see them doing this just to mess with top rank. I guarantee they would out sell chavez vs martinez

Comment

according to fighthype k9 is close to being made. artiucle is like 1-2 days old. didnt read the whole thing but k9 is saying they are in negotiations.

i figured all along that would be the fight they wanted, world champ ranked high in all organizations. tailor made for canelo with hardly no chance of winning, but tough and durable and would put on a good show. easy fight to make too.

Comment

I guess Canelo will just get in the ring and shadow box for 12 rounds.

Comment

I doubt that is true but if it is then maybe Maidana? and that would be a PATHETIC MATCH UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
              Yeah I agree. I'd add Trout. He has the style to give the ginger huge problems. Maybe Molina too, cause he's so awkward.
              Trout is pretty slick looking but not very active and the best guy he's fought is Rodriguez, who he beat but did not look especially impressive against. I just have a feeling once he gets a taste of Alvarez's power he folds. Molina is pretty crafty with his clinch game and tough, but he does more fighting on the inside and isn't really a boxer type unless you match him up with somebody sloppy like Kirkland. He'll have to come to Alvarez's power because I doubt he can outbox him, and unfortunately Molina has no power of his own, so he's unlikely to get a stoppage and highly unlikely to win a decision anyway, even if he appears to win.

Comment

K9 is a unification and Sulaiman ruled that out with Trout... Well he can change his mind after all it will be to protect Canelo.

Comment

its either mayorga or fernando vargas, it dont matter it wont be better then martinez vs chavez jr, GBP are really screwing the fans, they act like they the good guys but they are just pissing us off with this

Comment

Richard Schaefer says the opponent was finalized already, but Oscar De La Hoya says they haven't decided yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X