Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Khan now been vindicated in his decision to leave Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Why does he still lean over and leave his chin exposed past his lead foot? I mean it'll take awhile to correct some things I get that but this is one of his main problems. I guess we'll have to wait and see in a few more fights if this kid can make the necessary adjustments
    He still makes that mistake, as well as throwing an unnecessary number of 4, 5, 6 punch combos. He could stick to 2 or 3 punch combinations and stay out of danger. He could have literally fought the whole fight with pretty much just his jab and won much easier - sort of in a Wladimir style, but he still has the tendancy to engage and throw those multiple combos, keeping himself in the danger zone too long.

The main improvement I saw was his willingness to back off and stay composed when hit back or put under pressure so his psychology is changing in that respect. But he needs to temper his offense and be much more selective. It's true that Molina isn't the best benchmark to judge things by.

Comment

No, not yet at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
        He beat Carlos Molina ffs.....
        lol my thoughts exactly

Comment

This is silly, the guy has had one fight against an average opponent that didnt pose much of a theat. He will be vindicated if he manages to not get KTFO again.

Comment

Who did he beat?
            A guy going up in weight, no punching power and he was still catching Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              Two fractured hands and Virgil wants to make Khan train 2-3 times a week between fights?

Good luck with that. I think Khan is done as soon as he steps up to another real threat.
              His hands are not fractured stop talking ****.

Comment

Not really, I mean he did stop an overmatched opponent but he got tagged several times where a stronger opponent would have possibly dropped him. Like Roach said, Khan is Khan, you can't change him. If he looks really good against a lww opponent, then I'll say he maybe made a change for the better but he looked pretty much the same to me as he always did.

Comment

Khan was still getting caught with counter left hooks, Molina just didn't have the power to hurt him. Garcia would do the same thing to him all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                    Two fractured hands and Virgil wants to make Khan train 2-3 times a week between fights?

Good luck with that. I think Khan is done as soon as he steps up to another real threat.
                    Hands werent fractured, just bruising, recent pics show his hands are fine, the more training he does the better

Khan was right to leave Roach, few more fights and he'd gotten brain damage.

Changes take time, i saw improvement and i also saw some things are still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      He still makes that mistake, as well as throwing an unnecessary number of 4, 5, 6 punch combos. He could stick to 2 or 3 punch combinations and stay out of danger. He could have literally fought the whole fight with pretty much just his jab and won much easier - sort of in a Wladimir style, but he still has the tendancy to engage and throw those multiple combos, keeping himself in the danger zone too long.

The main improvement I saw was his willingness to back off and stay composed when hit back or put under pressure so his psychology is changing in that respect. But he needs to temper his offense and be much more selective. It's true that Molina isn't the best benchmark to judge things by.
                      Pretty much, I think he stays too long in the pocket for a fighter with a weak chin.

I think the reason for this is he is so fast that he can land multiple punches, it gives him too much confidence to stay in there and keep going and he then gets caught with a counter-punch he can't handle.

Hunter has a job on his hands to curb Khan's instincts.

Comment

Working...
                      X