• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    At least he's not fighting this guy

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...2796&cat=boxer

Martin Stensky

won 0 (KO 0) + lost 24 (KO 23) + drawn 0 = 24
    Might wanna call Deontay's promoter this looks like a good step up.

Comment

chisora would crush wilder at this point. chisora is a tough cookie. a true B level gatekeeper who can give most HWs a tough fight. he's got a solid chin, he's big(240+ lbs), is aggressive & never retreats, he's fearless & will fight anyone. he is very strong & he pushed both helenius & vitali around. what keeps him from being a legit A level contender is his lack of speed & punching power. he is like fres oquendo, monte barrett of a few years back, obed sullivan,frans botha, etc. he is a solid gatekeeper. he will beat all the C+ journeymen & could pull off an upset on a great night. he is world class, wilder is not...

Comment

Nobody noted this guy is a super middleweight/light heavy who only fought once at heavyweight when he had ballooned up to fight a guy with a 2-1 record?

Wilder & his team are a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          ****, at least he's undefeated? They tried to get a few different guys and it didn't work out. Rahkim Chekaiev just fought Jaidon The Don Codrington at CRUISERWEIGHT

Some of these 2008 guys are taking it sloowwwww.

Rakhim was coming off surgery & clattered him in the first round.
          Hes only had 14 pro fights & just destroyed the tough as nails Zack Page, the first too stop him in almost a decade. A guy whose gone the distance with the likes of Guillermo Jones, Francisco Palacios, Cedric Boswell, Sprott, Perez, Pulev, Mitchell, Hernandez, McBride, Gomez etc etc

He is back in october in Germany & fighting a top ranked opponent TBA

Considering hes only had 14 pro fights, I'm not sure you can ask for much more than he has done tbh

Rakhim is the future!

Comment

I love it.

Everytime Wilder announces a fight I get to watch the Russian/Euro posters cry like babies.

Week and a half notice you bunch of ******s. Week and a half. Of course in your tiny little pea brains it would somehow be better for Wilder if he just didn't fight at all because the opponent doesn't measure up to your standards.

Get over it f@gs. They aren't going to throw Wilder to the dogs just so you can see him lose. You may as well stop begging for it.

I love the way these idiot foreign posters act like they want Wilder to step up because it's good for the sport when in reality they just want to see him step up too soon so that they can see him lose and say "See I told you he sucked. He's no Alexander Povetkin!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I love it.

Everytime Wilder announces a fight I get to watch the Russian/Euro posters cry like babies.

Week and a half notice you bunch of ******s. Week and a half. Of course in your tiny little pea brains it would somehow be better for Wilder if he just didn't fight at all because the opponent doesn't measure up to your standards.

Get over it f@gs. They aren't going to throw Wilder to the dogs just so you can see him lose. You may as well stop begging for it.

I love the way these idiot foreign posters act like they want Wilder to step up because it's good for the sport when in reality they just want to see him step up too soon so that they can see him lose and say "See I told you he sucked. He's no Alexander Povetkin!"

Week & a half notice or 3 days notice there is ZERO excuse for a 6ft7, 240lb heavyweight olympic bronze medalist undefeated in 25 pro fights to be fighting 40yr old blown up super middleweights who have fought once in 5 years. The guy is not even ranked ffs!

The fight is so disgusting it should not be sanctioned. McCreary is clearly in no fit state to even pass a medical.

Comment

He's fighting s blown up LHW.

wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  I love it.

This criticism is just, Hitman. There are plenty of active journeyman fighters in the division that would take this fight on short notice. Wilder's team is doing a disservice to him by matching him up with such soft opposition. There's the notion of gradually steppping up your prospect but it seems like Wilder's team is stepping down the competition for their guy.

They need to stop pampering their fighter; Deontay is capable of beating higher level opponents than the Mccrearys of the boxing world. He needs to be fighting guys like Vinny Maddalone. He's ready for this level at this juncture...

I'm one of Wilder's biggest supporters here but I'm disappointed by this kind of opponent.
                  Last edited by BostonGuy; 08-30-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Somebody's 0 has got to go!.

But seriously from what I've read Golden Boy called him up and scheduled this fight on a week and a half notice and he took it. Easy payday if you ask me.

Old timers used to stay busy, fight tomato cans and pad records all the time.

Comment

Man, this blows.

Comment

Working...
                      X