No announcement yet.

GSP isn't fighting Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    i really didn`t realize that Silva was 230 lbs walking around. I am a large man at 210 but damn....how tall is Silva?
    Those were just GSP's words, it is hard to know what he actually walks around at, but the size difference is quite obvious.

Comment

Anderson gets fat between fights. It's not 230 solid. He's a 185lbs fighter and not a huge one.

Welterweight have never looked better. I don't mind GSP staying where he belongs.
      I'd much rather see Anderson fight JBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        Anderson gets fat between fights. It's not 230 solid. He's a 185lbs fighter and not a huge one.

Welterweight have never looked better. I don't mind GSP staying where he belongs.
        I'd much rather see Anderson fight JBJ.
        I'd say Silva is pretty large for his weight. He wouldn't be a small 205 pounder by any means.

Comment

He still almost always come in under 185 (182,3,4) with a relatively high bodyfat percentage.

He would not be a tiny 205 compared to most, he can definitely hang at the weight. But he's not like Jon Jones, a huge guy for his weight.

Anderson can very comfortably make 185, and probably even 180. There's a reason why his camp has suggested a 177-178lbs catchweight. Because he can get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            He still almost always come in under 185 (182,3,4) with a relatively high bodyfat percentage.

He would not be a tiny 205 compared to most, he can definitely hang at the weight. But he's not like Jon Jones, a huge guy for his weight.

Anderson can very comfortably make 185, and probably even 180. There's a reason why his camp has suggested a 177-178lbs catchweight. Because he can get there.
            I'm a huge GSP fan, but this is a fight he would loose. Anderson is on another level with his striking. GSP has great wrestling, but if Silva catches him with a punch GSP doesn't see coming it's lights out.

I rather GSP stay at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
              I'm a huge GSP fan, but this is a fight he would loose. Anderson is on another level with his striking. GSP has great wrestling, but if Silva catches him with a punch GSP doesn't see coming it's lights out.

I rather GSP stay at WW.
              GSP was also clearly out of form in his last fight. At his age, and coming off of a serious injury, and a lot of time off, it is a hard proposition to say whether he will get back to form again. Of course he may look better in his next fight. Condit is no slouch or anything, but GSP was clearly way below his best. That version of GSP would be KO'd right quick by the likes of Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                GSP was also clearly out of form in his last fight. At his age, and coming off of a serious injury, and a lot of time off, it is a hard proposition to say whether he will get back to form again. Of course he may look better in his next fight. Condit is no slouch or anything, but GSP was clearly way below his best. That version of GSP would be KO'd right quick by the likes of Silva.
                I agree, he was rusty and he even admitted it. He needs a few more fights to get back up to his old self again, he's just 31 and still in the prime of his career. I think someone translated his interview on French tv and he said what if I fight Silva and beat him? Then what?

Silva is just too big for WW. If he wants a super fight, it will have to be Jones instead of the smaller GSP who will get picked apart.

Comment

Silva is proven that that he's a killer @205. Hell, what about GSP? Before he fights Silva, let us see first if GSP can win in dominating fashion against 185 B-level fighters like Cote or Leben.

Comment

Maybe They are waiting til their contracts are up and going to do this fight on their own, where they can actually make some decent money.

Comment

Yes Silva has gotten up to 235 between fights. He has said it several times in interviews. But I don't know if he does that for every fight.

Besides that doesn't mean much. He's still a true MW. He's too small for LHW. Just look at how much bigger Bonnar looked. Silva just likes to pig out between fights.
                      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X