Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Jirov the most exciting Eastern European fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jirov the most exciting Eastern European fighter?

I guess it depends on what you find exciting. Personaly I find fighters who go to the body, don't excessively hold and fight back harder after being hit with a good shot the most exciting. GGG may surpass him, but as of now I think Vasily Jirov is the most exciting Eastern European to have won a major title. I was lucky enought to be ringside for his fight with Toney and it was excitement from start to finish. Is Jirov thew most exciting EE in your opinion, or is there someone else more deserving of that title?

Wlad
    14.29%
    Vitaly
    14.29%
    Jirov
    14.29%
    Darchynian
    21.43%
    Tszyu
    35.71%
    Maskeav
    0.00%
    other
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by JAB5239; 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM.

Probably, Jirov was a beast. I think Vitali is exciting although judging by your AV you probably don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
      Probably, Jirov was a beast. I think Vitali is exciting although judging by your AV you probably don't agree.
      he is boring ass sht. He is a giant in a sea of midgets but fights safety first a little less than his brother

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
        he is boring ass sht. He is a giant in a sea of midgets but fights safety first a little less than his brother
        Vitali throws a huge amount of punches for a HW.

Comment

Don't let the avi fool you. Vits is ok as far as heavyweights today go. In general though they are boring because they seldom go to the body and clinch to much.

Kostya Tszyu is right up there for excitement. And though his career was cut short because of disease, Zeljko Mavrovic was exciting as hell in his loss to Lennox Lewis. He took a beating but just kept coming. I love that kind of heart.

Comment

Vitali throws a huge amount of punches for a HW.

He does, but its far more exciting (at least in my opinion) when a fighter commits to his punches rather than just throwing lots of arm punches. That said, there are heavyweights WAY more boring than Vitaly.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Don't let the avi fool you. Vits is ok as far as heavyweights today go. In general though they are boring because they seldom go to the body and clinch to much.

Kostya Tszyu is right up there for excitement. And though his career was cut short because of disease, Zeljko Mavrovic was exciting as hell in his loss to Lennox Lewis. He took a beating but just kept coming. I love that kind of heart.
              I completely forgot about Tszyu I associate him with Australia. Darchinyan is fun to watch too. I like the little dudes who can punch.

Comment

I completely forgot about Tszyu I associate him with Australia. Darchinyan is fun to watch too. I like the little dudes who can punch.
                Vic and Tszyu are not only the most exciting USSR fighters but also are 2 of the best

Why do you associate Tszyu with Australia? He moved there when he was like 22, same age as vic

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Vic and Tszyu are not only the most exciting USSR fighters but also are 2 of the best

Why do you associate Tszyu with Australia? He moved there when he was like 22, same age as vic
                  There was something about Darchynian that always rubbed me the wrong way, and while he might not have been the MOST exciting, he brought an air of excitement everytime he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

He does, but its far more exciting (at least in my opinion) when a fighter commits to his punches rather than just throwing lots of arm punches. That said, there are heavyweights WAY more boring than Vitaly.
                    Well, if it isn't FAT JOE B., with some more of what he considers to be "cleverly disguised" threads really aimed at insulting the Klitschkos.

You're really a sad, fat, ugly, alcoholic, obsessed a$$hole, buddy. You must dream about Vitali and his life and his wife and his bank account every night in your disintegrating double-wide and wake up shivering in a cold sweat.

Why did Vitali's life turn out so well, and yours so pathetically?

I'm sure that question keeps you up at night -- it must, given the extent of your Vitali hatred that has been your running theme, "cleverly disguised" or otherwise, on various boxing forums for years running.

Comment

Working...
                    X