No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins Dominates Kelly Pavlik in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drjerryfowler View Post
    Weight. That's why Pavlik lost. He got greedy for a money fight and moved up in weight. Same happened to Hatton & same will happen with PacMan. If Pavlik stayed at his weight, he would have probably dominated and retired undefeated. Now he has to psychologically rebound. Some never do.
    winky too......

Comment

All I can say is wow.
      Bernard Hopkins should be number 1 on the P4P list again.
      This defeat of Pavlik COMPLETELY erases Hopkins losses to Taylor and Joe C.
      He really should retire right now because they are no more big fights out there for him.

Comment

Like i said yesterday... Pavlik's only advantage was power

Like i said yesterday... "Pavlik power is only one advantage but Bhop has many more advantages Another Tarver v Hopkins or Trinidad v Hopkins match". Styles make fights.. Jones will do the same to Calzaghe.

Comment

hopkins was amazing tonight i expected the fight to be much closer but hopkins outclassed him everything he looked the champion out of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bully View Post
            At the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, 43-year-old Bernard Hopkins (49-5-1, 32KOs) turned back the clock to dominate 26-year-old Kelly Pavlik (34-1, 30KOs) over twelve exciting one-sided rounds. The scores were 119-106, 118-108 and 117-109. Hopkins outpunched him, outworked him and was the much quicker man. [details]

Call me crazy but this was no classic cause there wasnt a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Slickster View Post
              All I can say is wow.
              He really should retire right now because they are no more big fights out there for him.
              Maybe one of the punches came through the TV there... He's got Roy Jones and the potential Calzaghe rematch. Roy said he'd take it, and now, also, you hear that Bernard would take it as well. Did you miss that? Just messin'

Comment

This doesn't surprise me in anyway at all. I was just talking about this to a guy on my job who was claiming B-hop was going to get destroyed. While I thought Kelly might win on points, I did not believe he was going to "destroy" B-hop. I'm no B-hop fan but I'm also no fool. I thought if anyone was capable of taking Kelly to school it would be Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Nice Execution Bhop-- Calzaghe next to fall v Jones Jr

Nice Execution Bhop.. Calzaghe next to fall v Jones Jr. Its about time we put good boxing in perspective. Hopkins, Jones Jr, Paul Williams and Travis walker exposing HBO, Showtime, Top Rank poster boys.

Originally posted by The Slickster View Post
                  All I can say is wow.

Comment

Taking ALL bets Travis Walker dominates Arreola on Nov. 29th

Taking ALL bets Travis Walker dominates Arreola on Nov. 29th. Boxing fans here's a chance to cash in on the next bust. Travis Walker will dominate Chris Arreola on HBO on Nov 29th. You heard it here first.
                    Last edited by Carlisle; 10-19-2008, 12:29 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

of course Pavlick was overated

he was a 4-1 favrite.

hes 1 dimensional like Tito. hell knock u out if ustand infront of him but like Tito, he cant zoom in on a moving target

Calzaghe would out box him and dominate him like hopkins

Mikkel Kessler would beat pavlick

I know all yall want the old guys to retire, but they are still better than your best young fighter, so they have every right to keep fighting

Comment

Working...
                      X