Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Mir "If guys are smart, they'll stop training with guys in their own weight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Mir "If guys are smart, they'll stop training with guys in their own weight"

"When I first got the call (about the UFC 130 match - Roy Nelson and I) were actually in the gym together the very next morning so we kind of discussed how it was going to go like 'Look, there's only so many heavyweights, I guess we're going to have to fight.' I think both of us were looking forward to fighting when there was a little bit more on the line as far as one of us having a title or pushing ourselves up into a number one contender spot. It is what it is. It's beneficial to the promoter to have two guys from Vegas fighting on their Memorial Day weekend card so I understand it and its business, so I got to just go out there and fight."

"One lesson I learned from Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans is if there's any heavyweights in the UFC, I'm not going to train with them anymore. Why would you? That's a potential opponent. If he gets any kind of advantage over you in the gym, learns a secret or knows something about an injury that could potentially cost you a lot of money. I think in the future if guys are smart, they'll stop training with guys in their own weight class."

So whats a HW supposed to do?

okay, then who the hell is he supposed to spar with? 170 pounders? lol

but in all seriousness, i think he sounds insecure that nelson might know some weaknesses about him. i mean mir never mentioned that it could also possibly be an advantage training with a potential future opponent.

Comment

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...ntent=FaceBook

Comment

HE'S SHOOK!!! hahaha

I think Roy could beat him or Carwin. Roy's gotten a ****in chin on him not to mention a pretty decent gas tank for somebody with his belly. He's great on the ground and hits like a ****in milk truck.

I think he would last a round with Carwin probably get beat up until Carwin gasses then Roy would knock him the **** out. I feel the same way with Mir. Don't think Mir could submit him, Mir doesn't have the greatest chin but would get the best of Roy until Roy tagged him or until late 2nd or early 3rd when Mir fades and Nelson drops him.

Comment

lol he could always ****ing pay people.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
            HE'S SHOOK!!! hahaha

I think Roy could beat him or Carwin. Roy's gotten a ****in chin on him not to mention a pretty decent gas tank for somebody with his belly. He's great on the ground and hits like a ****in milk truck.

I think he would last a round with Carwin probably get beat up until Carwin gasses then Roy would knock him the **** out. I feel the same way with Mir. Don't think Mir could submit him, Mir doesn't have the greatest chin but would get the best of Roy until Roy tagged him or until late 2nd or early 3rd when Mir fades and Nelson drops him.
            I agree.. Lesnar beats all 3 though

Comment

he really exudes confidence

Comment

Working...
              X