Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Floyd ends his career with Canelo/Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    i dont think the Martinez fight is optional, Sergio will have to drain himself and it aint Floyds natural weight,i also think Sergio will have the advantage being more powerful, realistically its a big ask for Floyd, i personally think he will lose and that still takes nothing away from him

He should stick to 147, and fight whoever brings the game including Alverez
    Thats the same is athe small guys climbing up 2-3 weightclasses to fight to fight Floyd, whats wrong with that?

Comment

Floyd isn't fighting Martinez unless some situation forces him to. He should stay at 147 and clean house, then retire.

Comment

Floyd doesnt stand a chance again Martinez IMO, and i dont think that fight would be good for him, he'll struggle and possibly end up retiring after getting TKO'd, rather see him face Pacman

Comment

they really need to make the pacman fight happen, it doesnt matter if pac has lost, he was dominating the JMM fight, and he still has some in the tank and they need to face each other in 2013, also if Floyd wins that will be a huge confidence builder and who knows who he might face after.

Pac vs FLoyd is still a great match up to be had, their styles will mean for a interesting bout..

Although I believe that Mayweather at this stage would just embarrass Pac, its a fight that still needs to happen. Pac would not be able to close the distance or avoid Floyds right hand at any point in the fight, the punch to the stomach would nullify Pacs attack and not to mention Pac is easy to telegraph if you are a master counterpuncher. This is just my personal opinion and especially after the JMM KO, but this fight needs to happen for historical purposes. This is like when Tyson & Lewis finally fought, everyone knew Tyson wasnt going to win but he was still dangerous and everyone knew it would be exciting while it lasted. Thats what Mayweather-Pacquiao is to me now.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Can someone explain to me why Canelo would even be relevant if Floyd beats Martinez?

Comment

Let me reiterate my point. Of course, i realize that 154 is not Floyd's optimal weight, and that he loses many of his best assets, that he possesses at his natural weight class.

I'm just saying that, any die hard boxing fan knows how damn skilled he is. I'm not asking him to dominate/KO, or even beat Sergio.

I'm just asking him to fight him, and show us his full arsenal/skills against someone that's naturally bigger, and almost as skillful as him.

If he doesn't win, who cares. As long as he gives him trouble, and shows off his full, technical brilliance, I'll be completely satisfied as a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
                Thats the same is athe small guys climbing up 2-3 weightclasses to fight to fight Floyd, whats wrong with that?
                Who climbed 2-3 weight classes to fight Mayweather at any point in his career?? Marquez? Well that could be used had Pac not brought JMM up to 147lbs twice. Why are you trying to mislead the fellow posters? Mayweather has moved up 5 weight classes so how has he made fighters move up 3 weight classes?

Comment

Floyd doesnt stand a chance again Martinez IMO, and i dont think that fight would be good for him, he'll struggle and possibly end up retiring after getting TKO'd, rather see him face Pacman
                  If Mayweather was a natural MW he would dominate Martinez. There is no reason for Mayweather to fight Martinez. I agree with you, Floyd needs to stay at 147lbs and pick all of these guys off.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Let me reiterate my point. Of course, i realize that 154 is not Floyd's optimal weight, and that he loses many of his best assets that he possesses at his natural weight class.

I'm just saying that, any die hard boxing fan knows how damn skilled he is. I'm not asking him to dominate/KO, or even beat Sergio.

I'm just asking him to fight him, and show us his full arsenal/skills against someone that's naturally bigger, and almost as skillful as him.

If he doesn't win, who cares. As long as he gives him trouble, and shows off his full, technical brilliance, I'll be completely satisfied as a boxing fan.
                    I hope Alvarez steps up next by fighting Trout and gets whooped. If manny loses his fight in the first half of next year, that too would be great.

It would limit Floyd's options and make a Martinez bout more likely after he disposes of Robert. I'm assuming Floyd starts with Robert for his first 2013 match

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post

Although I believe that Mayweather at this stage would just embarrass Pac, its a fight that still needs to happen. Pac would not be able to close the distance or avoid Floyds right hand at any point in the fight, the punch to the stomach would nullify Pacs attack and not to mention Pac is easy to telegraph if you are a master counterpuncher. This is just my personal opinion and especially after the JMM KO, but this fight needs to happen for historical purposes. This is like when Tyson & Lewis finally fought, everyone knew Tyson wasnt going to win but he was still dangerous and everyone knew it would be exciting while it lasted. Thats what Mayweather-Pacquiao is to me now.
                      This is where I disagree with many boxing fans. I don't think that JMM's style is remotely similar to Floyd's, and I don't believe in triangle theories.

I think Manny gives Floyd, plenty of trouble. This is not a Floyd Vs. Manny thread, so I will leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X