Comments Thread For: Modugno Injured, Withdraws From Dereck Chisora Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
    I dont know dude.
    Gavern was fighting in a tournament meant for guys really at the end of the road,Chisora is the EU champion man.he shouldn't be fighting anyone who has ever featured in that tournament,on two weeks notice ? maybe I could find that acceptable,but everyone who paid to see Chisora should get their money back and they shoud reschedule another bout.I gotta be honest Chisora can't be doing that many numbers anyway if he's lining up guys like this Mogduno character anyway.

Looking at the Gavern performance,it was pretty much a typical prize fighter performance,a dude with zero conditioning chancing his arm for 30 gino's,what broke end of the road guy wouldn't want a taste of that.

I always liked Minto's style personally,kinda reminds me of that brawling Mollo style,and he gave Szpilka a fight recently.I feel Chisora is above that level though,he shouldn't really be looking at Gavern,Minto or Mollo really should he ? I suppose you gotta ask will they put bums on seats,I suppose thinking like that the UK fans may think Gavern is a sell,I mean I don't personally but this is boxing ! Warren will likely look into it.D

Does Hearn now have a controlling factor in Gavern or any of the other dudes who appeared on his showing ?
    Nah - and Warren still has Chisora sewn up.

But I actually think one of those guys from the prizefighter would be the highest quality opponent Frank Warren could get at such short notice but I think Gavern must be injured. I doubt Chisora will be able to defend that European strap.

Minto would be good too.

It's not a massive bill anyway this one. May as well keep Chisora ticking him over and put another W on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Nah - and Warren still has Chisora sewn up.

But I actually think one of those guys from the prizefighter would be the highest quality opponent Frank Warren could get at such short notice but I think Gavern must be injured. I doubt Chisora will be able to defend that European strap.

Minto would be good too.

It's not a massive bill anyway this one. May as well keep Chisora ticking him over and put another W on his record.

Yeh I hear you bro,the guy has gotta stay active or he end up like that slob Solis.Chisora learn this the hard way with his shape in the last few years.I am not a Chsiora fan but respect him for his boxing and toughness.maybe in 12-24 month he could face Wladimir Klitschko.Chisora vs Denis Boytsov would be good for box off,Boytsov doesn't deserve that fight just yet with the champion,but then again who in Wladimir's last opponents actually deserved a shot on the world stage except for his mandatories,Tony Thompson and Povetkins.
      Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 11-17-2013, 02:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

So there's gonna be a second replacement? What happened to the original opponent, Gjergjaj?

Comment

If Fury doesn't fight Wilder in February, then surely he and Chisora should definately get it on again. Both have improved since their first fight so could be very interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
            If Fury doesn't fight Wilder in February, then surely he and Chisora should definately get it on again. Both have improved since their first fight so could be very interesting...
            Would Chisora or Fury be ppv ? I know Warren won the purse for Chisora v Price but I don't know if either have any intentions of going ahead with that fight.yyou have to question would Fury be willing to face Chisora now he's improved and in better shape.what does Fury prove by beating him again ?

I like the idea of Fury fighting a live opponent next,if only to get back into the IBF and WBC rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              Would Chisora or Fury be ppv ? I know Warren won the purse for Chisora v Price but I don't know if either have any intentions of going ahead with that fight.yyou have to question would Fury be willing to face Chisora now he's improved and in better shape.what does Fury prove by beating him again ?

I like the idea of Fury fighting a live opponent next,if only to get back into the IBF and WBC rankings.
              Fury said he's not fighting Chisora again because there's no money it. Definitely wouldn't be PPV imo.

If they keep winning and building their popularity a rematch could happen down the line. They are the two active and successful British heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
              X