Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs. George Foreman (1971 version)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox Lewis vs. George Foreman (1971 version)

Who wins and why?

Probably Lewis, but with it's an interesting match-up when you factor in the power of Foreman. I can't see Foreman dealing well with a larger opponent with better technical skill, especially an opponent as tactically disciplined as Lewis. Foreman had the power to break anyone though and Lewis wasn't noted for having an iron chin, so this fight is certainly competitive.

Comment

foreman fids that chin eventually

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
        Who wins and why?
        Now then squire. I like the question posed, but why 1971?

Comment

George Foreman by Knock out.

Comment

Foreman wades in with his usual barrage of dinosaur killing punches.

If Lennox can last them all the way to say, the 5th, which I think is quite unlikely, I believe he gets a late KO or TKO.

Verdict: Lennox dosen't have the chin for me to favour him over George.

Comment

George finds that chin early KO in 5 rounds or less

Comment

1970's Foreman only lost to defensive wizards like Ali and Young. They knew how to roll with the big punches and tire Foreman out. And people forget that Young was almost got KO'd early in that fight. Lewis is a tough fight for anyone, but George punched so hard and was so vicious, I just can't see Lewis holding him off long enough before getting hit with something flush. This isn't a fight I would bet on though.

Comment

1971 Foreman was far from the complete article, he was an underdeveloped novice pro.

Foreman has a punchers chance sure, but he was far too crude and inexperienced at this point in his career! Prime 1997 Lewis (with Steward in his corner) surely wins this by decision.

I'd favour 1973 or the 1975 Foreman that met Frazier by KO over Lewis though!

Comment

I don't see Lewis knocking out Foreman, with his lumbering style and Foreman's chin. You had to be fast and slick like Ali and Young to outbox him and Lewis isn't. I mean, if Lewis had Foreman in the same situation Lyle did, then MAYBE he could finish him off, but Lyle was not as heavy or lumbersome as Lewis and still he couldn't put the finishing touch. Lewis would certainly hurt Foreman and maybe even drop him, but he was too slow to capitalise on that. Foreman kos him with a left hook or uppercut after a heated battle. Rounds 6 to 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X