Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Drills Lamont Peterson, TKO in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seriously think Lucas's boxing skills are highly underrated. He is in the Pro's for a reason, that in itself requires skill, yes Garcia is a better boxer, and yes it is boxing, but what scores the points are the punches, and Garcia doesn't have Mayweathers defence. I can't see their fight on My Birthday!! Sept 7th going anymore than 7 rounds. If Judah at the age of 35 can land on Garcia, then surely Lucas can land half that but with a lot more power.

Comment

• Mathysse has underrated Hand speed. He is flat footed but recompenses it with His hand speed and power.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
        In the first round, what peterson was doing was right. He controlled distance and matthyse was incapable of cutting off the ring. That all fell apart in round two, but nothing at all wrong with that strategy.

And, i don't think floyd's ever been in there with somebody with that kind of power. Maybe if he'd fought a prime mosley at 135, but definitely not the shot version of him at 147. Matthyse has the kind of power where he can knock you out with either hand with one punch. That is very, very rare.
        Dude...wut r u talking about??? The first round was a feeler. It's nothing wrong w/ boxing. But Read what I actually wrote in my post. LM built up momentum & increased his aggression. LM is very veery hittable & able to be beaten to the punch. At no time did LP dictate this contest & that's the wrong strategy. & If memory serves me right Ortiz came into the floyd fight at LH & if my memory further serves me....he's a devistating puncher himself. But regardless...I gave several examples not just the one. Plus the example was about the way floyd moves...he moves out of the box & then establishes the new pocket & beats u to the action...makes u miss & does it again & again. & bc he's hitting u w/ hard shots ur frustrated & discouraged & eventually broken down. Look how martinez bullied the bully in JR....YOU CAN'T JUST TRY TO BOX BEHIND A JAB...especially against a guy who can move a lil...your conditioning & precision have to be on point.

Comment

• Hunter gave Peterson the wrong game plan. Stick and move? what is that? That's not Peterson style to stick and move. He's a come forward fighter. The game plan should've been to go right at Mytthysse from the opening bell and bang it out. Hunter is an idiot.

Comment

• The hand of Disaster!

Lucas Martin Matthysse.

Comment

• The greatest picture for Matthysse fans...

Comment

• Originally posted by iniduoh View Post
                Hunter gave Peterson the wrong game plan. Stick and move? what is that? That's not Peterson style to stick and move. He's a come forward fighter. The game plan should've been to go right at Mytthysse from the opening bell and bang it out. Hunter is an idiot.
                I doubt hunter told him to go out there and bang with Lucas.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  Peterson might have the tools to give Lucas problems, but he doesn't have the tools to beat him. Lucas is a better puncher and boxer. He hits harder and is a little more slick with his punch selection.

I never felt Lamont was anything special and should have dropped decisions to both Kahn and Ortiz but he whatever.

That faint to body, then the overhand left was a thing of beauty. Lamont's good but Lucas is better.
                  foh w/ that better boxer ****...LM may push u into his shots...but look at the wild **** he was throwing....I actually believe he won both of his losses....but Mont could've & should've won this fight...LM did wut he is used to doing in this fight. & that should never be the gameplan going in if u r his opp....it's all about making the man do something he does not want to do. wut fu*king "slick punch selection" are u talking about???

Comment

• That was a great win by Lucas! forget Garcia! Lucas/Maidana is going to be a lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Why do some of you have to disrespect Peterson like that with those comments and props to him for a class interview........ he was brave enough to get in the ring with Lucas, some childish people on this forum.
                      I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X