No announcement yet.

What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    Juan Manuel Marquez is derived from Ricardo Lopez Nava.
    Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
    Ricardo Lopez is so overlooked :/
    Skillwise, Marquez is a poor man's Ricardo Lopez but since he was lucky enough to fight in weightclasses filled with big names he will probably go down as the greater fighter P4P.

Comment

He's have to beat Floyd.

Comment

Nothing in my opinion. JMM is great, but Chavez is almost mythical.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
          I'm Puerto Rican but I follow boxers from every country and I'm not biased, so I'll post my thoughts.

If JMM could be like Foreman and remain world class in his 40's while beating guys like Ríos or Bradley, he could have an argument. As it is, he still has Morales, Sánchez, Chávez and, possibly, Ricardo López ahead of him. I rate him over Barrera, Pintor, Zárate, and José Luis Ramírez, to name a few.

By the way, what's the rating of Ramírez in Mexico?
          marquez has to be number 2

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Skillwise, Marquez is a poor man's Ricardo Lopez but since he was lucky enough to fight in weightclasses filled with big names he will probably go down as the greater fighter P4P.
            you should slap your self never disrespect marquez like that.

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
              you should slap your self never disrespect marquez like that.
              Everything he does, Lopez did better. My bad, I'll stop talking about fighters you haven't watched.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                And you also said the right handed he knocked out Pacquaio with wasn't something he practiced or planned...
                You know what, your one of the most dishonest posters in this place, seriously. I NEVER said any of those things. See, what you don't know is that you spoke out of turn, I wasn't saying that the right hand was lucky or that it wasn't worked on, of course it was and I said that a million times.

My response in that thread was that someone came on and said that JMM's game plan was to get hurt and move into the ropes, that's absurd. You don't purposely get hurt in any fight, and that's what I was referring to.

The off angle right hand behind the right handed jab is of course something you work on, I teach it myself. I just don't think JMM was purposely getting hurt to lure Manny into the ropes like the other guys were saying.

Comment

At Marquez age...nothing I would suggest, and thats not a knock on the guy, he's brilliant but Chavez was an unbelievable fighter.

Comment

I would agree probably fighting Mayweather again and beating him

But even that I don't think would put him past Chavez

Comment

Chavez was average... slightly better than a bum, even his son has surpassed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X