Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheese Ball View Post
    chris byrd killed david tua's career.

it was a title eliminator.

tua actually came in motivated and in shape.

if tua hadn't run into byrd he would have gotten a title shot against aging holyfield.
    Byrd could also go to war!!

Just watch the last round of the golota fight its ****in awesome!!

Golota was in serious form that night... I'v watched it a few times and i think golota just nicked it, but a draw is not unfair, it could have gone either way! neither man deserved to lose imo. Great display of boxing on both parts...

I ONCE READ A QUOTE ABOUT GOLOTA...IT WAS ALONG THE LINES OF: "IF YOU HAD NO PUNCH THEN GOLOTA WOULD BEAT YOU"!

HE WAS A VERY TALENTED FIGHTER, HE JUST DIDN'T HAVE THAT CHAMPION MENTALITY OR A GREAT CHIN!

"Andrew Golota was two-times uncrowned world champion"
    -said Mike Tyson

Golota never got the credit he deserved... he really was a an excellent fighter and a good boxer he out boxed a prime riddick bowe twice!
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 05-14-2012, 11:19 AM.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

bump......

Comment

Very Underrated Figter, Not the most exciting guy to watch, buy had fantastic skills

Comment

He's rated right. He was a good HW, not as good as the other Top HW's on other era's by a long shot, but he was a solid/good HW in his era.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            He's rated right. He was a good HW, not as good as the other Top HW's on other era's by a long shot, but he was a solid/good HW in his era.
            He was better than i.e michael moorer from the 90's!

And id certainly pick him over the vast majority of lennox's oponents!

Tua? beat him? holy? schooled him? golota? draw! mcall? outboxed by orlin norriss ffs and easily beaten by byrd victim davaryl williamson! briggs? haha mcline anyone?? (how did briggs fair vs a slick southpaw ibragimov? not very well!) grant?? lol morrison and ruddock would be no more than 50/50 over byrd! biggs? lol bruno? byrd would humiliate him! vitali? beat him! old tyson? byrd would frustrate the hell out of him!

-slick
            -southpaw
            -great defense
            -immense heart
            -champion mentality
            -solid chin
            -fast
            -good stamina
            -was never intimidated

byrd was better than just good.
            moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Jimmy Thunder: Thunder was a former gold medallist and IBO champion (byrd stopped him in the 9th round) thunder holds wins over trevor berbick, tony tubbs and tim witherspoon and he also lost a very close SD to john ruiz.

Much do respect for Byrd,Thunder is the homie though we have even shared an apartment a few times good dude.one of my close friends

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Jimmy Thunder: Thunder was a former gold medallist and IBO champion (byrd stopped him in the 9th round) thunder holds wins over trevor berbick, tony tubbs and tim witherspoon and he also lost a very close SD to john ruiz.

Much do respect for Byrd,Thunder is the homie though we have even shared an apartment a few times good dude.one of my close friends
                Is he ok now? I heard he met harsh times?

Good fighter back in the day.

Best wishes to him.

Comment

Byrd was more like acquired taste in boxing. A thing of beauty with his defense standing in front of his opponent. Not everybody liked his style because HW usually means KOes.

He was a tough guy too, even when losing against Vitali or getting knocked down by Wlad he kept getting up and trying to win the fight.

Very under-rated HW

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                    Is he ok now? I heard he met harsh times?

Good fighter back in the day.

Best wishes to him.
                    Yea man he had some harsh times but thats all on Jimmy,he is a humble man and humblemen do humble things,he knows he has a bed and a warm meal whenever he comes through,love that dude like he is my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                      yea man he had some harsh times but thats all on jimmy,he is a humble man and humblemen do humble things,he knows he has a bed and a warm meal whenever he comes through,love that dude like he is my brother.
                      all the best to u both.

Comment

Working...
                      X