Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Katsidis v Marcos Maidana...who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kats has been in with JMM and managed to win some rounds and drop a legend.

Maidana, as cool as he is, hasn't really done anything since Ortiz. He's not as fast of hand or foot as Kats, and his defense is even worse than Kats.

Comment

Katsidis doesn't see the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post

Maidana, as cool as he is, hasn't really done anything since Ortiz. He's not as fast of hand or foot as Kats, and his defense is even worse than Kats.
        The problem is, Kats likes to get hit lol, and remember he'll be the one going up in weight, so Maidana has the size advantage. Katsidis speed won't frustrate Maidana like that of Khan or Alexander. Sure, he is faster than Maidana, but he's gonna be there to hit (and get hit), and you never wanna be in the way of one of Maidana's over-hand rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          Rumor has it HBO are considering this one if Katsidis beats Mensah.. they're fighting at 140 in april so the maidana v katsidis fight could be in the late summer.. who you got in that one?
          mouth-watering fight! potential FOTY if you ask me...

i really like katsidis, but i think maidana will beat him... chino is more proven @ JWW and is the more powerful puncher...

i just hope katsidis proves me wrong come fight time...

Comment

Fight might last as long as Katsidis' face can...he takes a lot of punches now so his corner and the ref will be looking closely. Definitely favor Marcos and it's right up his alley......BUT man if Katz e is able take or avoid some of Maidana's shots and keep the fight going it will be a great one.

HBO thought they might get a classic in Baby Bull diaz and katsidis, but Diaz boxed a little more in that fight. Maidana doesn't have those type of boxing skills so we know what we will get in this fight if Katsidis can keep up.

who would give up the center of the ring? Will they just meet in the middle and go toe for toe ?? both would need the win badly.

Comment

I loved to see them fight, there would be several knock downs for sure. Id be rooting for Katsidis but i think Maidana would land a lot of heavy blows.
              I think at this stage in Katsidis's career id go with Maidana for the win, Katsidids would defintely push him hard though i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                The problem is, Kats likes to get hit lol, and remember he'll be the one going up in weight, so Maidana has the size advantage. Katsidis speed won't frustrate Maidana like that of Khan or Alexander. Sure, he is faster than Maidana, but he's gonna be there to hit (and get hit), and you never wanna be in the way of one of Maidana's over-hand rights.
                I don't really see a difference in size. A couple pounds either way won't decide the outcome. It will be a great close fight tho.

I just don't see Kats getting rolled by someone as crude and one dimensional as Maidana.

Comment

Maidana has more left at this point in his career

Comment

Katsidis should only be a gatekeeper for now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post

Katsidis got KO'd by an old Casamayor. Gets outboxed by Diaz, Than he gets KO'd by Marquez(Great effort), Gets beat up by Guerrero. Then gets outboxed by Burns.

He can't beat a name. Kevin Mitchell, The biggest name he's beaten.

not to mention the accumulation of the cuts and KO's. Marco's has never been KO'd before.

Than the weight advantage.

this will be like Antillion vs Rios.

Kats will play the role of Antillion.

Comment

Working...
                      X