No announcement yet.

Malik Scott looking to have his loss turned into a NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Scott looking to have his loss turned into a NC

"There was no doubt that the count did not reach 10 prior to Malik getting up," Goossen wrote to the British Boxing Board of Control. "The referee reached nine and simultaneously Malik got up. Whether or not 10 had to be verbally stated by the referee or just the elapsed time of 10 occurring, the facts will show neither happened in this case.

"Bottom line, Malik was up at the count of nine. The key is the decision was ruled a KO and not a TKO and subsequently the referee is required to count to 10 or, at the least, not wave the fight off until a full 10 seconds had elapsed, which it did not. A TKO would have allowed the referee to call the fight anytime before the count of 10. We've requested the British Boxing Board of Control to review the video and have asked to have the KO result changed to a no-contest."

It seems a bit strong to me to have it turned into a N/C. It seems like Goosen is intent to protect Scott's unbeaten record, because that's really all he had going for him at the age of 32.

What do you think?
    No, he lost fair and square.
    33.33%
    Yes, he was clearly robbed.
    31.11%
    They should have a rematch
    26.67%
    Couldn't care less.
    8.89%

Just wondering if that means the bookies may void bets?

Comment

It was definitely not a KO since he didn't get a proper 10 count. I'll be interested in seeing what the BBBoC decides.

Comment

Not arsed. I wouldn't mind seeing an immediate rematch so Chisora can get to properly smash him to bits.

Comment

Scott's camp is correct with their account of what happened. It being declared a KO instead of a TKO is key. However, I don't see the ruling being changed. I don't even think they can force a rematch but a rematch would be the proper thing to do.

Comment

I hate when fights are turned into N/C on the back of a fight that took place and actually ended.

Nothing happened to Khan's fight vs Peterson, even though there was messing with a scorecards, an all time ridiculous referee and Peterson tested positive after. If that isn't turned, then I don't think Scott-Chisora has a prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I hate when fights are turned into N/C on the back of a fight that took place and actually ended.

Nothing happened to Khan's fight vs Peterson, even though there was messing with a scorecards, an all time ridiculous referee and Peterson tested positive after. If that isn't turned, then I don't think Scott-Chisora has a prayer.

Gabriel Rosado & J'Leon Love happened under very similar circumstances and that was overturned to a No Decision so I do agree its unfair on Amir Khan.
              Don't like the kid but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel it was double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Gabriel Rosado & J'Leon Love happened under very similar circumstances and that was overturned to a No Decision so I do agree its unfair on Amir Khan.
                Don't like the kid but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel it was double standards.
                Although, in fairness, I believe it was turned to a N/C by the WBA since they gave the belt back to him. IBF stood firm though.

It seems a bit interesting to ask the BBBofC to overturn it. Wasn't this fight sanctioned by the WBO? and the ref was a WBO sanctioned ref, so they should be turning to them. I just think there should be a clear set of rules regarding n/c's.

It takes a lot of the shine away from Chisora's victory.

Comment

I'm sure Scott would win the rematch if it happened, but he was getting roughed up and was probably getting stopped if not dropped again in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Peterson would have to have pissed dirty immediately post fight. That's what's different

Comment

Working...
                    X