Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Their Peak, Who is the most Dominant Fighter Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Spinks is up there.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Does dominating numerous top 10 contenders in your division with 2 dominating wins over future hall of famers mean that you are on of the most dominant fighters in your era?

Does being the undisputed champion at light heavyweight mean that you were dominant?

Does winning world titles at Middleweight, Super Middleweight, Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight a sign of dominance?

Or how about being the first middleweight champion to win a heavyweight title in over 106 years?

I think so.

I'm not going to defend his resume because it lags against other all time greats. But to deny this man's dominance in his prime is just hating.
      Does beating one of the worst heavyweight "champions" of all time diminish the accomplishment?

Funny thing is that Toney beat the same "champ." I don't care if Jones administered his steroids more effectively in order to beat the testing.

Comment

I suppose that Floyd may deserve some mention, based on the simple test: who around his weight division does anyone see him losing to?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Again, Roy Jones resume is mediocre. B-/C+ at best. But as I've stated in my other post, his level of dominance during his era cannot be questioned. Especially when seeing how he toyed with the #3 pound for pound fighter in the world at the time.
          Roy has the best or second best resume of the last 40-50 years. But squares like you aren't knowledgeable enough to appreciate DOMINANT wins over guys like Thulani Malinga or Jorge Castro.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            Does beating one of the worst heavyweight "champions" of all time diminish the accomplishment?

Funny thing is that Toney beat the same "champ." I don't care if Jones administered his steroids more effectively in order to beat the testing.
            James Toney is a 2X fighter of the year award winner, an ATG and a shoe in for the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Why would a fighter of Toney's caliber defeating a common opponent diminish that achievement?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Roy has the best or second best resume of the last 40-50 years. But squares like you aren't knowledgeable enough to appreciate DOMINANT wins over guys like Thulani Malinga or Jorge Castro.
              Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                RJJ

At his peak RJJ dominates ANYBODY P4P from any era. His speed, power, athletiscim and the way he was so unorthodox.
                Oh hell no. He doesn't dominate the ATGs. Dominates? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Not taking the bait. I'm untrollable.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
                    Sugar Ray? Tyson? Roy?
                    RJJ - Moves like a featherweight and punches like a heavyweight

Comment

srr
                      armstrong
                      2 greatest ever
                      also greb

right now the klitschkos are pretty damn dominate
                      Last edited by revs1227; 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X