Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gassed out? Floyds Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's mentally exhausting trying to hit a guy who's right in front of you but yet you still miss even when you have him on the ropes. Even when Floyd's hurt following up on it is very difficult. Floyd's quite good on the inside too with the body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I just don't remember then. I admit I haven't exactly watched that fight much, probably two times.
      He wasn't tired to the state where he can't stand and was gasping for air constantly but he was very tired.

You can see it very clearly when he walks back to his corner between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandoernandez View Post
        Not only are fighters trying to hit him, but they are thinking critically at the same time, shhhh is hard.
        it's so much harder then people think.........this is why people that are on the outside looking in (screaming for their fighter to do more against the "chicken coward") are complete illiterate morons.........

Comment

Floyd looks hit-able.

So they swing and get countered.

Frustration sets in and they swing as hard as the can.

They hit air.

After 8 rounds, they're tired as hell.

Floyd then picks them apart.

+what phil said.

Comment

missed punches tire you out,plus he keeps you thinking and well timed fast accurate punches you dont see add up

Comment

He makes them miss, pays respect to body work and doesn't allow them a chance to recover. The last part is what's most important, with Mosley he shot his load in the second round, Floyd didn't allow him a chance to get back in the fight.

Comment

It's amazing to see Mayweather give away early rounds basically because he is so good he can afford to. I really wish we got to see the Ortiz fight play out until Ortiz melted down. Floyd looked like he knew what he wanted to do and started lighting Ortiz up with counters.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  Missing takes a lot of energy.
                  Amplified by the mental battle.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    When add it all together in total it makes sense. PBF puts a lot of mental pressure on them because they worrying about counters and missing. They are constantly having to think for every second of every round. Then you add missing punches and that takes so much of a fighter. Then getting countered with peferctly places shots all of that adds up. So when you add the mental along with the physical I can see how fightes wear down against PBF cause they can't fight relaxed against him.
                    this is the reason right here ^^^ and i think when opponents fight floyd they are tight and not relaxed because of his speed timing and intellegence which makes them think more and more cautious than normal

Comment

Thanks for the answers. My question then becomes "Would that make someone like Antonio Margarito particulary dangerous for Floyd considering hes pretty much a non-thinking stalker who wouldnt be worried about counter punches since he blocks everything with his face." This forcing floyd into the postion of Cotto last week in which hes the fighter being pressured and constantly moving. Although Cotto was clearly beating Margarito last week it was pretty clear that the effort involved was huge and arguebly was wearing cotto out before the fight was stopped.
                      Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 12-08-2011, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X