No announcement yet.

New Best Case for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Best Case for Boxing

I effed up on my first poll question. More choices this time.
    Fraud jr beats JMM,sets up Pac vs Fraud jr
    26.92%
    JMM upsets Fraud jr, sets up Pac Trilogy
    34.62%
    Cotto beats Clottey,sets up Mosley rematch
    0.00%
    Paul Williams vs Berto, winner get Mosley/Cotto winner
    7.69%
    Pacquiao vs Mosley in October
    0.00%
    Paul Williams vs reinstated Antonio Margarito
    0.00%
    Fraud jr & Cotto win, sets up Fraud jr vs Cotto MSG
    7.69%
    Vitali vs Wladimir for all the belts
    0.00%
    Victor Ortiz & Kirkland (not guilty) lives up to hype
    0.00%
    Valero knocks out everybody at 135,140, & 147
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Marquez / Pac 3 would be my proffered, since I don't think Mayweather is in Pacquiao's league, especially after a layoff. He probably won't even beat Marquez but maybe thats just me underestimating him.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Marquez / Pac 3 would be my proffered, since I don't think Mayweather is in Pacquiao's league, especially after a layoff. He probably won't even beat Marquez but maybe thats just me underestimating him.
      i dunno, i kind of like the last choice. valero knocks everybody out at 3 divisions. hahahaha! dont forget to vote brah.

Comment

Williams vs Berto would be a classic.Then the winner faces Cotto/Mosley, that would be too good to actually happen. But the mega fight of this time would be Cotto vs Mayweather.That's equilavent to Hearns vs Leonard. It would be a classic. Mayweather vs Mosley is another classic.This welterweight division of today could surpass those of the 80's if someone got these guys in the ring to face each other.It would be the complete resurrection of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
          Williams vs Berto would be a classic.Then the winner faces Cotto/Mosley, that would be too good to actually happen. But the mega fight of this time would be Cotto vs Mayweather.That's equilavent to Hearns vs Leonard. It would be a classic. Mayweather vs Mosley is another classic.This welterweight division of today could surpass those of the 80's if someone got these guys in the ring to face each other.It would be the complete resurrection of boxing.
          Berto is going to get wooped once he fights any of the top dogs.

Comment

.....no ****.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              lol, you're out of touch with current boxing big time.

I'm up for laying down a bet.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                It's a classic, but it would have been legendary if it took place nearly a decade ago when it should have.

I don't see how the current WW division could compete with the 80s:

Ray Leonard
                Tommy Hearns
                Donald Curry
                Wilfred Benitez
                Simon Brown
                Marlon Starling
                Roberto Duran
                Mark Breland
                Lloyd Honeyghan

Too talented...current welters aren't even better than the WWs of the 90s. Keep in mind, Post-Prime Mosley is #1 WW right now, yet a prime Mosley in the 90s was clearly better.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                  It's a classic, but it would have been legendary if it took place nearly a decade ago when it should have.

I don't see how the current WW division could compete with the 80s:

Ray Leonard
                  Tommy Hearns
                  Donald Curry
                  Wilfred Benitez
                  Simon Brown
                  Marlon Starling
                  Roberto Duran
                  Mark Breland
                  Lloyd Honeyghan

Too talented...current welters aren't even better than the WWs of the 90s. Keep in mind, Post-Prime Mosley is #1 WW right now, yet a prime Mosley in the 90s was clearly better.

Nobody is touching that list brah. Talk about a murderer's row....

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                    lol, you're out of touch with current boxing big time.

I'm up for laying down a bet.
                    Pac vs Mayweather? sure

i'm already got my bets full for the Marquez fight.

I'm 100% sure Pacquiao will pound Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X