Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange facts you probably don't know...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange facts you probably don't know...

Give us some strange/interesting boxing facts that we probably don't know...

I'll start off...

David Tua's birth-name is; Mafaufau Tavita Lio Mafaufau Sanerivi Talimatasi.

Sam Langford and Harry Wills fought each other 18 times (documented) but is said to be 23 times.

Tim tebow and manny pacquiao were born in the same hospital in Manila.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Give us some strange/interesting boxing facts that we probably don't know...

I'll start off...

David Tua's birth-name is; Mafaufau Tavita Lio Mafaufau Sanerivi Talimatasi.

Sam Langford and Harry Wills fought each other 18 times (documented) but is said to be 23 times.
      I'll just give you one lead, which will contain dozens of unknown facts. Look up the life of Young Stribling, probably the most popular boxer in American history. I read about him when I was very young. He was the perfect citizen and everything a fighter should be.

Well...I'll mention a few more. Ted "Kid" Lewis fought professionally at high level all the way from Flyweight to Heavyweight. He fought Jack Britton for the welterweight title 20 times, even though He lived in England and Britton was American. In his mid 70's he jumped on and KO'd a purse snatcher (maybe a mugger).

Comment

Jinkee wants to name their next kid Juan Manuel.

Comment

everyone that knows even a little bit about boxing knows about Langford and Wills. Wills and Jack Dempsey never happening etc

they're both overrated and romanticized by old wannabe historians

Comment

Despite both representing Ukraine, Wlad was born in Kazakhstan and Vitali in Kyrgyzstan.

Comment

Panama Al Brown & Emilie Griffith were ****sexuals

Comment

Marvin Hagler had his first kid (I suppose it was with Bertha?) at 16.

Comment

Matthew Macklin although being born in England considers himself Irish, in fact when he was a teenager he would come back to Ireland every summer for holidays and to play the Irish sport Hurling, he was so good at it that he played County level for Tipperary, his mother and fathers home county.

(Anybody unfamiliar with hurling should youtube it, phenomenally physical game!)

Comment

Andre Berto Lost

Comment

Working...
                    X