Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is the superior combat sport - Period!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
    Not true because an ATG just got owned by a wrassler.
    Wrestling is what's ruining MMA and the UFC. I can't believe MMA fans defend it. What is manly about dragging a man down by his legs and then jumping on his back to perform a submission? Real men stand and trade punches. Real men don't fight on the floor, and if it does go to the floor, they look to get up.

Couture didn't have to box with Toney, but he could have showed some balls and stood toe to toe with him for a couple of minutes. Toney only knows boxing. If MMA is so superior, why didn't Couture use some leg kicks, elbows, or knees on the inside? I'll tell you why, because Toney would have rolled with anything that Couture threw, and replied with several counter punches. That is because boxing >>> any form of martial art. Screw wrestling. And f**k MMA too, until someone from that world has the balls to challenge a top boxer to a no takedown/submission match. I'm guessing the boxer comes out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
      Now I love MMA, don't get me wrong, but I hate how most MMA fans label MMA as the superior 'fighting' sport. Excuse me, but the last time I checked, hitting someone while they are on the floor is a ***** move. The only time I ever see people kick in fights is when girls get it on, or 8 chavs are kicking a defenceless man to death.

In a real street fight...

...Rules are what separate a man on man fight...
      I Don't know what "streets" you're from...but there are absolutely NO rules in street fights..written or implied. NONE whatsoever.

Biting, kicking, elbows, spitting, eye gouging, knives, guns, bats, blunt objects, makeshift knives....ANYTHING goes.

And in a fight where anything goes..boxing ain't doing you any good, buddy.

In a street fight, the only discipline of fighting that'll help you is self-defense techniques. Krav Maga for example, where you learn to defend against guns, knives, and basically all forms of attacks, is exponentially superior to boxing and BJJ in 99% of street fights.

Comment

CotDAMN that was a stupid opening post. Tims, you sound like a total twat saying things like this - and I think you're OK otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
          Wrestling is what's ruining MMA and the UFC. I can't believe MMA fans defend it. What is manly about dragging a man down by his legs and then jumping on his back to perform a submission? Real men stand and trade punches. Real men don't fight on the floor, and if it does go to the floor, they look to get up.

Couture didn't have to box with Toney, but he could have showed some balls and stood toe to toe with him for a couple of minutes. Toney only knows boxing. If MMA is so superior, why didn't Couture use some leg kicks, elbows, or knees on the inside? I'll tell you why, because Toney would have rolled with anything that Couture threw, and replied with several counter punches. That is because boxing >>> any form of martial art. Screw wrestling. And f**k MMA too, until someone from that world has the balls to challenge a top boxer to a no takedown/submission match. I'm guessing the boxer comes out on top.
          how old are you that you're talking all this "real men" nonsense? You can't be past your teens...and certainly not past your 20s.

A street fight can turn into a life or death situation instantly. If you're talking about a "semi-organized" one on one fight...then yeah, boxing might help. But that's not a street fight.

NO RULES apply to street fights.

Comment

I think boxing is one of the easiest to pick up and learn quickly. Although becoming a grandmaster like Pacquio or Floyd takes time of course.

But if all you want is to feel a bit more confident when you walk these dangerous streets of ours, boxing is something good to take up. Thats why im learning, as i dont want to miss the boat, as mos people learn something or another and i dont want to be totally ignorant and vulnerable.

Which you would be if you didnt take the responsibility to learn just a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Dude it's not 1892 anymore! And who the fuk made it a rule that standing and punching is the only "manley" way to fight? Who said? Wrestling/grappling was invented by the Romans and Greeks who taught it to their spartan warriors or Roman Legions to defend themselves on the combat field when they were disarmed. At one time these two nations had the most powerful armies on earth so are you really gonna tell me that a Roman Soldier or a fuking Spartan were unmanley? Seriously are you that ignorent?

The only people who say crap like that are people who get the SHHIITTTT kicked out of them on a regular basis.
              Yes, yes they were. Damn pederasts.. lol. (the romans)...

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                Yes, yes they were. Damn pederasts.. lol. (the romans)...
                the greeks were ****s (especially the spartans). the romans were bi. it's no coincidence that these guys would create a system of fighting where it's practioners roll on the round together dry humping each other.

Comment

Working...
                X