Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: If I Want To Retire, That's What I'll Do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: If I Want To Retire, That's What I'll Do

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) is considering the possibility of retirement. Last Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Mayweather decisioned Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) to capture the WBA's junior middleweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

He may as well have finished: "80/20... so Pacquiao you better take that $40mil for our fight else I'm quitting."

The FMJ version of, "You won't play by my rules, so I'm taking my ball and going home."

Comment

Floyd felt Father Time on Saturday night and he knows it's not going to get any better. But like most fighters, he'll take an L before he walks away.

Comment

hey he is a 8 time champ and 43-0 he is also 35 yeas old and by the time he would fight next he'd be 36.......wont be mad at all if he hangs them up

Comment

He will retire, and then come back, and then retire again, and come back again.

And then once more.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Floyd felt Father Time on Saturday night and he knows it's not going to get any better. But like most fighters, he'll take an L before he walks away.
            Probaly right Dazed

Comment

And it starts....again

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                He will retire, and then come back, and then retire again, and come back again.

And then once more.
                No way. If things break right, floyd fights Manny and Canelo and nets close to $125 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                  hey he is a 8 time champ and 43-0 he is also 35 yeas old and by the time he would fight next he'd be 36.......wont be mad at all if he hangs them up
                  He is baiting Pac to come , hope he takes it .

Comment

Of course you want to retire Floyd, you took a beating. But wait for the cuts and bruises to heal you may feel differently. On second thoughts, perhaps you wont as you were always little bit more sensitive than most fighters. Cotto beating you may have tipped you over the edge.

But yes you need to fight Pac, Sergio and khan. If you threaten retirement, im sure Khan will go straight for you rather have warm up fights if you prefer?

But getting paid as much as floyd he can afford to retire. Is there anyway possible Floyd gets paid less in the future to keep him fighting?
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X