Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gassed out? Floyds Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they get tired, I think they mentally quit.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      the only edge margarito has over baldomir is body punching? and are we supposed to take you seriously or just laugh?
      So are we just supposed to read your post and assume you're smart or something- like we should all listen to you? Please elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
        So are we just supposed to read your post and assume you're smart or something- like we should all listen to you? Please elaborate.
        elaborate on baldomir and margarito not being similar? that shouldn't even need pointing out. baldomir was a tomato can and margarito was a top welterweight for about 8 years. he does everything better than baldomir. taller, longer, bigger puncher, throws more punches, throws combos,better chin, more will and determination, cuts off the ring better, throws punches from unpredictable angles.

baldomir just fluked a win against judah. judah got hit hard once and just ran the last 7 rounds like a doofus. baldomir has never done anything else(for a reason). he's just a classic slow tomato can with a classic boxing stance(predictable). he's a guy who comes forward slowly behind a jab looking to setup a right hand and if he can't corner you or land the right he's finished. no variety.

the real reason he compares baldomir to margarito is because floyd never wanted to fight margarito so he trashes him while hyping up baldomir as some sort of legit threat just because floyd fought him. maybe we can get him to say sharmba mitchell was a better win than margarito? let's try!
        Last edited by daggum; 12-08-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Missing a guy constantly, and getting countered, and ending up with only 500 punches thrown at the end, can tire/gas you more than throwing a 1000 punches at a consistent pace round after round, (I.E. Pac VS Clottey).

Try sparring with someone advanced who isn't a brawler but doesn't have to be a Slick type either. Just a regular European style technical fighter. You get impatient because you're feeling like he is taking it easy on you, you finally try to throw something and are convinced it was the right time to throw it, but he is out of the punches way and you hit nothing but air. Next time, same sequence only now he comes back with something and nails you. The nervous energy of trying to protect yourself against that while still trying to initiate the fight, can wear you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
            Thanks for the answers. My question then becomes "Would that make someone like Antonio Margarito particulary dangerous for Floyd considering hes pretty much a non-thinking stalker who wouldnt be worried about counter punches since he blocks everything with his face." This forcing floyd into the postion of Cotto last week in which hes the fighter being pressured and constantly moving. Although Cotto was clearly beating Margarito last week it was pretty clear that the effort involved was huge and arguebly was wearing cotto out before the fight was stopped.

good observation. thats what i was also thinking prior to the stoppage, cotto will have a repeat of the first fight, that hell take a knee on the 11th again.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              elaborate on baldomir and margarito not being similar? that shouldn't even need pointing out. baldomir was a tomato can and margarito was a top welterweight for about 8 years. he does everything better than baldomir. taller, longer, bigger puncher, throws more punches, better chin, more will and determination, throws punches from unpredictable angles. baldomir just fluked a win against judah. judah got hit hard once and just ran the last 7 rounds like a doofus. baldomir has never done anything else. he's just a classic slow tomato can with a classic boxing stance. he's a guy who comes forward slowly behind a jab looking to setup a right hand and if he can't corner you or land the right he's finished. no variety.
              Respect given for actually breaking it down. Disagree on a few things. Firstly, on a broader scope, Margarito fought non one's in Mexico before being lucky enough to be discovered and managed. Baldomir wasn't so lucky. His record reflects a guy that earned his the hard way. He fought as an opponent on local cards for years, without managers, promoters and matchmakers, so don't let the records fool you.

If that's understood, I'll give you Marg being taller and longer. Not much else. Marg does throw punches at funny angles, but they're all looping and slow. Baldo throws much straighter punches. Power? If we're looking at records it's Marg, but neither one has one punch power. They both grind you up and can take anything you can throw. Baldo absolutely does not come forawrd slowly behind a jab, he just throws punches. Both of them possess limited skills and got by on will, volume and chin.

That isn't a glowing review of Baldomir, but it goes to show that Margarito has never been anything special. I think he's an Arum creation, who may have been getting by with illegal wraps. I hate to give Cintron the benefit of the doubt, but he's fought some pretty good fighters and none of them were able to slump him and leave him on his azz, crying, like Marg did. Cintron fought Martinez to what was officially a draw, and beat Angulo.

Back then, Baldomir beat Clottey (albeit controversially), Judah and Gatti- Margarito beat Cintron and Lujan, and lost to Daniel Santos. Marg is 38-8 and has lost on the top level with one exception, which is tainted, Baldo is 48-13. There isn't much difference between them, taking Floyd Mayweather or anyone else out of the equation. I think Marg may be a little more menacing, but neither are especially skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                he bores them to death with his boring running style !!!! and he also breaks down the body !!!!! ortiz with his already closing eye was well on his way to being "gassed" out too because the punishment by the 3rd round was accumilating !!!!! too bad floyd the easy way out and cheated the hard working fans by sucker punching ortiz !!!!!
                Let's get this straight once and for all. Ortiz cheated the fans by not coming to fight. Ortiz took the easy way out by using headbutts then looking for help from the ref.

Comment

Floyd beat mosley up to the gut

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
                    Respect given for actually breaking it down. Disagree on a few things. Firstly, on a broader scope, Margarito fought non one's in Mexico before being lucky enough to be discovered and managed. Baldomir wasn't so lucky. His record reflects a guy that earned his the hard way. He fought as an opponent on local cards for years, without managers, promoters and matchmakers, so don't let the records fool you.

If that's understood, I'll give you Marg being taller and longer. Not much else. Marg does throw punches at funny angles, but they're all looping and slow. Baldo throws much straighter punches. Power? If we're looking at records it's Marg, but neither one has one punch power. They both grind you up and can take anything you can throw. Baldo absolutely does not come forawrd slowly behind a jab, he just throws punches. Both of them possess limited skills and got by on will, volume and chin.

That isn't a glowing review of Baldomir, but it goes to show that Margarito has never been anything special. I think he's an Arum creation, who may have been getting by with illegal wraps. I hate to give Cintron the benefit of the doubt, but he's fought some pretty good fighters and none of them were able to slump him and leave him on his azz, crying, like Marg did. Cintron fought Martinez to what was officially a draw, and beat Angulo.

Back then, Baldomir beat Clottey (albeit controversially), Judah and Gatti- Margarito beat Cintron and Lujan, and lost to Daniel Santos. Marg is 38-8 and has lost on the top level with one exception, which is tainted, Baldo is 48-13. There isn't much difference between them, taking Floyd Mayweather or anyone else out of the equation. I think Marg may be a little more menacing, but neither are especially skilled.
                    margarito fought the much tougher competition early in his career. guys like rodney jones, sergio martinez, etc...baldomir was the one fighting bums for most of his career. margarito was a world champ and baldomir was still fighting guys no one knew with padded 30-0 records. margarito beat 5 top 10 ranked guys and baldomir beat 1. margarito was also robbed against santos. margarito has the much better win as well cotto vs judah. gatti was shot and not a welterweight and clottey was a gift win. margarito was the number 1 ranked welterweight for over 4 years and in the top 10 for 9 years. baldomir was the "champ" for a couple months then fell off the planet. he even got a gift decision over some journeyman right after he fought mayweather. how can you really compare them?
                    Last edited by daggum; 12-08-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X