Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto Cartel is Back!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can count me in! Cotto is a great fighter who was done dirty by plaster and had to rework his whole career. It was a very sad thing with the fall out with his Uncle, the demands placed on him for the Pac fight and his father dying all in a row. I just think Cotto is a tragic figure, deserves this win. Seems to be his time with the Pac fight not going through, the new Cuban trainer and his win over Cheato. Pac loses to Bradley possibly too, which would confirm his fight with May wasn't going to happen. But who knows? Maybe they will finally fight after losing their respective fights, LMAO. I know Diaz is going to try his hardest to find Floyds flaws and teach Cotto to capitalize. Like another poster said, he has the tools. I think being that he got the Cheato demon out his head, he has the fortitude as well. He must train hard, we all know Mayweather is a wiz in the ring but let's be honest, he's human and he has been taken to a Draw with DLH (IMO) and arguably lost to Castillo. Ortiz would have been a tough night too, dude landed 26 power punches without at jab. I would love to see Miguel match his dedication in training to take it to Floyd.

Mosley got a nice hit in and wobbled Floyd. But he looked gun-shy after getting super careless and trying to KO Floyd. He went too hard after that and couldn't keep it old, esta viejo ya. Cotto won't have that problem. Make no mistake, Cotto IS landing clean shots on Floyd (not easily), and I think he can cut off the ring and take him to deep waters once Floyd realizes he can't stop Cotto -- Judah style. But it will be back and forth, with Cotto luring Floyd into pressuring him, similar to how Floyd beat Marquez. I just saw how Cotto kept up with Cheato (very hard for any fighter) and if Floyd plans on trying to press Cotto like that he's going to get rocked. No doubt he will be hitting Cotto too. Cotto will be firing back in some of those exchanges and just hit Floyd with the harder shots though. Floyd has a way of making his punches looks super flashy but to me there's more real effect behind Cotto's. We'll see who can hold the punches more.
    Last edited by PRking718; 02-19-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
      You can count me in! Cotto is a great fighter who was done dirty by plaster and had to rework his whole career. It was a very sad thing with the fall out with his Uncle, the demands placed on him for the Pac fight and his father dying all in a row. I just think Cotto is a tragic figure, deserves this win. Seems to be his time with the Pac fight not going through, the new Cuban trainer and his win over Cheato. Pac loses to Bradley possibly too, which would confirm his fight with May wasn't going to happen. But who knows? Maybe they will finally fight after losing their respective fights, LMAO. I know Diaz is going to try his hardest to find Floyds flaws and teach Cotto to capitalize. Like another poster said, he has the tools. I think being that he got the Cheato demon out his head, he has the fortitude as well. He must train hard, we all know Mayweather is a wiz in the ring but let's be honest, he's human and he has been taken to a Draw with DLH (IMO) and arguably lost to Castillo. Ortiz would have been a tough night too, dude landed 26 power punches without at jab. I would love to see Miguel match his dedication in training to take it to Floyd.

Mosley got a nice hit in and wobbled Floyd. But he looked gun-shy after getting super careless and trying to KO Floyd. He went too hard after that and couldn't keep it old, esta viejo ya. Cotto won't have that problem. Make no mistake, Cotto IS landing clean shots on Floyd (not easily), and I think he can cut off the ring and take him to deep waters once Floyd realizes he can't stop Cotto -- Judah style. But it will be back and forth, with Cotto luring Floyd into pressuring him, similar to how Floyd beat Marquez. I just saw how Cotto kept up with Cheato (very hard for any fighter) and if Floyd plans on trying to press Cotto like that he's going to get rocked. No doubt he will be hitting Cotto too. Cotto will be firing back in some of those exchanges and just hit Floyd with the harder shots though. Floyd has a way of making his punches looks super flashy but to me there's more real effect behind Cotto's. We'll see who can hold the punches more.
      First class post, i havent spoken to you on here before but with posts like these u are quickly becoming one of the posters i respect more than most!

Comment

Working...
      X