Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for the Puerto Rican fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Both of Garcia's parents are born and raised in Puerto Rico so that counts. Btw Felix Verdejo debuts this week on ESPN he could be the next big thing and has Top Rank behind him.
    Danny Garcia is a Puerto Rican-AMERICAN. He was born and raised here.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I'm not sure if Juanma is capable of coming back. He has taken 2 major beatings late in his career and has been out for a year already. Hopefully Dulorme can make a comeback, he got some good skills. Del Valle was brutalized but not destroyed like Dulorme so I think he will be alright. WV2 started boxing late and like you said he's short of good as well as a questionable chin.

The reason I'm not getting into the Garcia topic is cause some Cubans have embraced Quillin who's in the same situation as Garcia but I think he's been repping the flag longer. I like the guy (Quillin) but not cause of his nationality. Exciting fighter with alright skills who shows progression.

PRs got the Olympians but its probably gonna be a while till those guys make it into the scene.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      I don't mind Cubans and Puerto Ricans standing behind Quillin and Garcia. My only point is, if you're born here and raised here, you're American. You have American lifestyle and have American values and culture. You're American. Just because parents aren't from here it doesn't make you Puerto Rican or Cuban.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m
        Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I'm not sure if Juanma is capable of coming back. He has taken 2 major beatings late in his career and has been out for a year already. Hopefully Dulorme can make a comeback, he got some good skills. Del Valle was brutalized but not destroyed like Dulorme so I think he will be alright. WV2 started boxing late and like you said he's short of good as well as a questionable chin.

The reason I'm not getting into the Garcia topic is cause some Cubans have embraced Quillin who's in the same situation as Garcia but I think he's been repping the flag longer. I like the guy (Quillin) but not cause of his nationality. Exciting fighter with alright skills who shows progression.

PRs got the Olympians but its probably gonna be a while till those guys make it into the scene.

I don't mind Cubans and Puerto Ricans standing behind Quillin and Garcia. My only point is, if you're born here and raised here, you're American. You have American lifestyle and have American values and culture. You're American. Just because parents aren't from here it doesn't make you Puerto Rican or Cuban.
        I wouldn't mind it either if he was repping the flag since earlier in his career....

Comment

We got Jeyssen Velez! BOOYAH!

Comment

I still to this date think Dulorme (1 loss), Del Valle (1 loss), Seda (1 loss), Velazquez (0 Losses), Pedraza (0 losses), Bomba Gonzalez (0 Losses), McWilliams Arroyo (1 loss) can all still be world champions. I dont count fighters out after 1 loss. The guy I really liked and thought had potential decided to stay amateur (Jantony Ortiz) so I guess we will have to wait on him. Felix Verdejo did turn pro with Top Rank so we shall see how he goes from here.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
              I still to this date think Dulorme (1 loss), Del Valle (1 loss), Seda (1 loss), Velazquez (0 Losses), Pedraza (0 losses), Bomba Gonzalez (0 Losses), McWilliams Arroyo (1 loss) can all still be world champions. I dont count fighters out after 1 loss. The guy I really liked and thought had potential decided to stay amateur (Jantony Ortiz) so I guess we will have to wait on him. Felix Verdejo did turn pro with Top Rank so we shall see how he goes from here.
              dulorme has a glass jaw with a shty defence.Del valle lost to a past
              prime vic,Thats not good.Velazquez in lala land.Never been impressed
              with pedraza.

Comment

So what your saying is PR should just follow PR fighters???? WOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23
                  I have to disagree with you and González. He doesnt seem dedicated. And as far as counting people out after 1 loss I agree but you know nowadays people lose their hype after losing that 0. Another thing is, some guys don't have the mental toughness to come back especially after a KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23
                    I have to disagree with you and González. He doesnt seem dedicated. And as far as counting people out after 1 loss I agree but you know nowadays people lose their hype after losing that 0. Another thing is, some guys don't have the mental toughness to come back especially after a KO loss.

Comment

Mexico and Puerto Rico always produce great boxers, they have a great track record, calm down

Comment

Working...
                      X