No announcement yet.

Petition: Get rid of the stickies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition: Get rid of the stickies

I've been thinking about this idea for a while.

The stickies get rid of the potential for quite a few threads. For example, with a top 10 heavies sticky, that removes a very noob-friendly discussion from the mix.

New posts in there take a while to be noticed, and fewer people notice than I imagine would if it was just a thread that would pop up every so often when another is made.

This doesn't include 'History Today'
    Yes, get rid of the stickies
    14.29%
    Get rid of some of the stickies
    42.86%
    No, keep the stickies
    42.86%

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    I've been thinking about this idea for a while.

The stickies get rid of the potential for quite a few threads. For example, with a top 10 heavies sticky, that removes a very noob-friendly discussion from the mix.

New posts in there take a while to be noticed, and fewer people notice than I imagine would if it was just a thread that would pop up every so often when another is made.

This doesn't include 'History Today'
    Top 10 heavyweights stays. It was here before I became mod and is a staple of this section. I'll take the history today thread out so there isn't the appearance of bias and I'll let the regulars PM me as to which one other thread we'll leave up. I'll give you guys a few days to get your votes in before anything comes down. Fair enough?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Top 10 heavyweights stays. It was here before I became mod and is a staple of this section. I'll take the history today thread out so there isn't the appearance of bias and I'll let the regulars PM me as to which one other thread we'll leave up. I'll give you guys a few days to get your votes in before anything comes down. Fair enough?
      But I like the History Today stickie. It gives us a chance to make quick comments on new fights without them getting buried in the garbage on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        But I like the History Today stickie. It gives us a chance to make quick comments on new fights without them getting buried in the garbage on NSB.
        If you guys want to keep that you can say so in this thread so its public, I don't want it to look like I'm keeping a thread I created instead of others. Everything else through PM please. This way we keep the voting with the regulars yet it will be private so no one else but myself knows who wanted to keep or get rid of what threads.

Comment

I like them personally. I don't know if some should be changed or not but these are the threads that should be easy to access without having to do a search.

Comment

Yeah, keep the History Today thread. Getting rid of it opens the History Section up to a flood of Floyd/Pac/Klit BS that it just isn't worth it.

Poet

Comment

Personally I want to keep the 'History Today' and 'What fight did you watch recently/last night' threads.

My reasoning for getting rid of the heavyweight sticky is that heavyweights are very much a starter topic in my opinion, in a quick glance over two pages, the most discussed threads have something to do with heavyweights.

They are a fairly straight forward and thin division to learn about in comparison to the other divisions, and when you have one big sticky about their rankings, it swallows up a lot of potential discussion and sort of corners it where it's difficult to notice new posts.

The same thing applies with the pictures thread. At this stage there are very few pictures to add, and not much reason to check through it since the majority are going to be reposts (who wants to look through a full thread just to see what's already posted?) without it there would be reason to make your own thread with pictures of certain fighters you think others may find interesting.

'Fights you have to watch' may also cut down on discussion of what fights a person looking to be interested in the section (or part of it) should watch. Although admittedly there was a recent thread that fits that discussion.

Sorry for responding with a novel, Jab. I'd just like to throw out some ideas on getting some more activity in this section. It's a great section and it shouldn't be dead like it virtually is right now.

Comment

the ones that deserve to be stickys will stay on the first page anyway. keep top ten and maybe fights you have to watch and let the rest fend for themselves imo

Comment

Keep the History Today thread.

It's well a truly a genius idea.

Comment

Why a top 10 heavyweights, and not a top 10 lightweights? Or a top 10 flyweights? Or top 10 P4P?

END THE HEAVYWEIGHT BIAS!

Comment

Working...
                    X