No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    martinez is the champion, and that's who i was referring to. i dont really care about alphabet belts.

i dont think macklin is a tier above proksa. he is more accomplished, but that doesn't mean he fights better, and along those lines we will disagree. neither of them are very good. golovkin did what he was supposed to do with proksa, and destroy him. martinez had some problems with macklin and barker.

i've been watching this kid/man for a while, and from what i've seen in sparring, his fights, his amateur background, and most importantly his most recent performances, i'll be picking him to beat martinez

the time looks to be just right. martinez is not going to be the champion forever.

surely you agree when i say that he's not the fighter he once was?
    He had problems with Barker but he didn't have any with Macklin.

He made an all out aggressive slugger back up as if he were a slick defensive fighter against Macklin.

Martinez is getting older but going off the fact he's fought a good fighter in his career and so fought Golovkin has fought 0 good fighters I wouldn't consider him even in the same boat as Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Pacquaio was walking around at above 150 for the Cotto fight.

He's was bang on 147 against Bradley and comes to the ring around that mark. He's come to the ring around 145 for years. Years before he fought at WW.

As does Mayweather, give or take a few Lbs.

There is no way Pacquaio could be considered a Lightweight today. No way would he make 135 today. He's a Welterweight now.

Both him and Mayweather are small WW's. Mayweather being the slightly bigger WW.

i dont agree at all. ariza has pacquiao eating up to 5000 calories a day, protein supplements, the works. manny has a built up body. floyd does not. it's not always about the weights, but how they get there.

additionally, mayweather is two or three inches taller and has four or five more inches in reach. pacquiao was a flyweight. they are not the same size, but you don't have to agree with me, and this has nothing to do with the thread so, i have no idea why you'd even care to mention it.

Comment

i dont agree at all. ariza has pacquiao eating up to 5000 calories a day, protein supplements, the works. manny has a built up body. floyd does not. it's not always about the weights, but how they get there.
        Don't buy it at all.

You don't walk around at 150 lbs and then eat 5000 calories a day to make 145.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        additionally, mayweather is two or three inches taller and has four or five more inches in reach. pacquiao was a flyweight. they are not the same size, but you don't have to agree with me, and this has nothing to do with the thread so, i have no idea why you'd even care to mention it.
        Mayweather is a taller and has longer reach. He has both over Cotto but he's not bigger than Cotto.

But he is bigger than Pacquaio, just about. Both are small WW's.

Mayweather was a Flyweight also. At the age Pacquaio was a Flyweight, Mayweather was also a Flyweight.

And this thread is just about anything and everything to do with today's fighters and I questioned you saying Mayweather is a small WW solely due to the fact that you said to me that you felt Mayweather was a big WW.

Comment

Don't buy it at all.

You don't walk around at 150 lbs and then eat 5000 calories a day to make 145.

Mayweather is a taller and has longer reach. He has both over Cotto but he's not bigger than Cotto.

But he is bigger than Pacquaio, just about. Both are small WW's.

Mayweather was a Flyweight also. At the age Pacquaio was a Flyweight, Mayweather was also a Flyweight.

And this thread is just about anything and everything to do with today's fighters and I questioned you saying Mayweather is a small WW solely due to the fact that you said to me that you felt Mayweather was a big WW.

whatever, man. think what you'd like. i just said floyd mayweather was a small WW in this very thread. mike jones is a big WW. i dont care if you really want to go back to a thread from the past about a different and with a completely different context for size to nitpick what i've got to say.

alex ariza and manny pacquiao are lying about the food he eats and the means by which he's trained to put on size. think what you want. like i said, i clearly wont be convincing you otherwise.

“Manny was 151 lbs at four and a half weeks out, we keep him on a 7000 calories a day diet, and once we get to Dallas, I just have to take a few things away from the diet. We have to keep his intake up. He has to have a protein shake before going to bed, he has one at 3am, and another one first thing in the morning. He has up to six meals a day and six protein shakes a day when in training for a fight. We have to keep weight on him, as he trains so hard. We can’t have his body dropping calories.”

ariza ^

Comment

whatever, man. think what you'd like. i just said floyd mayweather was a small WW in this very thread. mike jones is a big WW. i dont care if you really want to go back to a thread from the past about a different and with a completely different context for size to nitpick what i've got to say.

alex ariza and manny pacquiao are lying about the food he eats and the means by which he's trained to put on size. think what you want. like i said, i clearly wont be convincing you otherwise.

“Manny was 151 lbs at four and a half weeks out, we keep him on a 7000 calories a day diet, and once we get to Dallas, I just have to take a few things away from the diet. We have to keep his intake up. He has to have a protein shake before going to bed, he has one at 3am, and another one first thing in the morning. He has up to six meals a day and six protein shakes a day when in training for a fight. We have to keep weight on him, as he trains so hard. We can’t have his body dropping calories.”

ariza ^
            He's only put on a few pounds though, he was weighing in at 145 on fight night when he was a 130 pounder.

Comment

ariza ^
              What fight is that? Clottey? Or Margarito? Pacquaio was at 151 Lbs a month or so out yet he's on 7000 calories a day to get down to 150 or 147?

I wonder what he has to maintain his weight, 10,000? 15,000?

Sorry, I simply don't buy it. Sounds like Ariza is talking out of his behind, not for the first time.

As for Mayweather, I was simply asking a question because I was confused as you seemed to have changed your mind on the situation.

Comment

What fight is that? Clottey? Or Margarito? Pacquaio was at 151 Lbs a month or so out yet he's on 7000 calories a day to get down to 150 or 147?

I wonder what he has to maintain his weight, 10,000? 15,000?

Sorry, I simply don't buy it. Sounds like Ariza is talking out of his behind, not for the first time.

As for Mayweather, I was simply asking a question because I was confused as you seemed to have changed your mind on the situation.
                i interpreted that as they had him it 7000 per day but then lowered it as the time to fight got closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                  Off topic but why on earth is JAB banned?
                  I haven't heard from him, but I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the Boxing History board. More than likely he got into it with someone on NSB.

Comment

• Golovkin is most certainly a threat to Martinez. Sergio is the man but at 37 his time at the top is slipping. Id favour him over GGG right now but its a fight he could lose even now, Golovkin looks mustard and boy he can Bang. Only thing he lacks is experience but his amateur record lends a hand in that department, wins over guys like Dirrell, Korobov, Bute ect are solid even as an amateur. An Olympic Silver medal is impressive too. As a pro its not so much who he's beat but HOW, he's smashing these guys to bits and is a GENUINE Puncher, chin looks solid too.
                    Id certainly favour him over our UK lads and they gave Sergio some problems. Giving Golovkin a serious chance against Martinez is fair enough, like i said Sergio would be favoured in my eyes but its a fight.

6 years as a pro and this is his first test though is a bit strange though i will agree with that!
                    Got my first look at him on Sat tbh but spent the next day watching his fights on youtube getting to know what he's about.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Golovkin is most certainly a threat to Martinez. Sergio is the man but at 37 his time at the top is slipping. Id favour him over GGG right now but its a fight he could lose even now, Golovkin looks mustard and boy he can Bang. Only thing he lacks is experience but his amateur record lends a hand in that department, wins over guys like Dirrell, Korobov, Bute ect are solid even as an amateur. An Olympic Silver medal is impressive too. As a pro its not so much who he's beat but HOW, he's smashing these guys to bits and is a GENUINE Puncher, chin looks solid too.
                      Id certainly favour him over our UK lads and they gave Sergio some problems. Giving Golovkin a serious chance against Martinez is fair enough, like i said Sergio would be favoured in my eyes but its a fight.

6 years as a pro and this is his first test though is a bit strange though i will agree with that!
                      Got my first look at him on Sat tbh but spent the next day watching his fights on youtube getting to know what he's about.
                      I'm not sure.

I don't think he should be considered a threat to Martinez at this point considering he's fought no one at all.

How many times have we seen fighters like look ATG material against that kind of calibur opponent? Time after time.

I agree he looks good, but I'll wait until he steps up in class before I consider him a threat to Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X