Broner to return July 21st on HBO BAD in Cincy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner to return July 21st on HBO BAD in Cincy

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/9/...khan-drug-test

It's most likely going to be against Vicente Escobedo. I must say, I'm happy as hell that Broner-Sykes is off, that was pure crap.

Escobedo is at least a solid stay busy fight, against a decent fighter. Much more solid fight for Broner.

so there is a god...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      so there is a god...
      I know right??? Broner-Escobedo is a solid fight. I don't have a problem with broner fighting Ponce, Litzau, Perez, and Escobedo, all decent/good fights at those points. Sykes was s**t, pure s**t. Rodriguez was crap too, but that wasn't Broner's fault. He was suppose to fight Ricky Burns in November for that title, but Burns straight up stopped negotiations and vacated the belt, not broner's fault.

Escobedo is a good fight. Would like to see him fight Salgado or Mendez after that. Even Burgos or Beltran Jr wouldn't be that bad.

Comment

The Problem aka Can-man will be back is action !!!!

Comment

Escobedo told Ryan Maquiñana last night that more than likely he won't be ready by July.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            Escobedo told Ryan Maquiñana last night that more than likely he won't be ready by July.
            Did he??? I was just going by what the article said. I think he could be. Why would he turn down an Adrien Broner shot??? He'd be dumb to do so. Escobedo is fighting an easy stay busy fight this week, he could easily fight 2 months later.

If not Escobedo, Broner should fight someone like Burgos or Beltran jr at least.

Comment

Hell yeah........

I was so into the fight Ii didn't notice HBO let him on the mike during Floyd-Cotto til the second time.

How far do you think Broner can move up? This dude has star potential but it wont be until he hits 135-140-147

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Hell yeah........

I was so into the fight Ii didn't notice HBO let him on the mike during Floyd-Cotto til the second time.

How far do you think Broner can move up? This dude has star potential but it wont be until he hits 135-140-147
                If his next fight is indeed Escobedo, I want tos ee him fight 2-3 more times at 130. Uchiyama ain't happening, that guy isn't leaving Japan and Broner isn't going to Japan.

After Escobedo, I'd like to see him fight Salgado, Mendez, maybe another decent Top 10 SFW like Burgos or Vazquez, and maybe even an Orlando Salido fight.

Fight 2-3 more times, than move up to 135 for other fights there.

There's Burns, Lundy, Bogere, DeMarco, Rees, Mitchell, Vazquez at 135.

I think he can go all the way to 147 at some point for sure. He's already around 140-145 on fight nights now anyway. He has all the tools for sure. He's the most excited I've been about a fighter that I like since probably Andre Ward.

I only listed the morepossible fights for him, as I doubt he fights Top Rank guys anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Did he??? I was just going by what the article said. I think he could be. Why would he turn down an Adrien Broner shot??? He'd be dumb to do so. Escobedo is fighting an easy stay busy fight this week, he could easily fight 2 months later.

If not Escobedo, Broner should fight someone like Burgos or Beltran jr at least.
                  Yea according to Ryan.

The original plan was for Escobedo to fight this Saturday, Broner next Saturday and for them to fight each other in August.

But, at the end it's about money. Maybe the offer him. He fights him regardless.

Comment

Working...
                  X