No announcement yet.

Would you support the Mayweather/Pac fight not happening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you support the Mayweather/Pac fight not happening

Would you support the Mayweather/Pac fight not happening. I have mixed feelings about it tbh. I dont expect an exciting fight, infact i expect Mayweather to win a boring decision, so should i been looking foward to this?

I also dont like the fact that if Floyd does beat Manny he has still not faced a natural WW. I dont like the fact that if he beats Manny he will leave people with an undeserved impression of his credentials, IE he has been avoiding the best available competition for a while now and if he wins a one off fight that, that will somehow be swept under the carpet and be forgotten about. Floyd will prolly be recognized as the best fighter of the era to, now people will say Pacquiao will still be above him legacy wise but you watch how many people jump on that **** if he beats Manny convincingly.

Floyd is a con man in and out of the ring, thats why im not sure i want him to be rewarded with a mega bucks fight that can enhance his legacy after ducking so many challenges, he will be coming back and winning a one off fight and in all likelihood he will get overrated all will be forgotten.

It still does not wash me whether he wins or not, he is what he is, a con man. I dont want Mayweather making all that cash and recognition off the back of what Manny has done.

Would you support this fight not happening?
    Undecided/not sure tbh
    0.00%
    Its the biggest fight in years it needs to happen
    88.57%
    Im not all that fussed whether it happens or not tbh
    11.43%
    I dont want Mayweather making all that cash and recogntion off the back of what Manny has done.
    0.00%
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 12-16-2009, 02:58 PM.

no I would not support the fight not happening.

I'd be quite pissed off after all this buildup and rumors if the fight didn't happen

Comment

This has to go down. Don't know much of my Boxing history but I'm certain this would be the biggest let down EVER. Sort of like Bowe vs. Lewis/ Tyson or Aaron Pryor vs. SRL.

Comment

wait a minute...

you are WORRIED about Pac losing..

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          wait a minute...

you are WORRIED about Pac losing..
          I dont want Mayweather making all that cash and recognition off the back of what Manny has done.

I dont Mayweather being rewarded and pulling the wool over fans eyes after the **** he has pulled the last few years because he wont have earned it.

Comment

Who gives a phuck what money they make??? Did Mayweather fight for free in his last 40 odd fights??? Make the phucking fight happen for boxing and not selfish ******ed dumbo reasons.

Comment

Eh, I'm indifferent in regards to this fight. It should happen because it'd be big for boxing.

But at the same time, all the stupid **** before the fight will be annoying and afterward, the winner will be proclaimed as the savior of the sport.

My only regret is that I don't have more points to bet with, because I'm fairly certain I'd be e-rich after this fight.

Comment

don't let your hatred for pbf get in the way of letting the biggest fight of the era happen. i'm a huge pac fan but pac losing the biggest fight of his life is better than the fight not getting made at all.

Comment

I'd hate this fight not to happen. Even if it does turn out to be a boring fight, the build up, the excitement leading up to the fight etc. would all be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                    Who gives a phuck what money they make??? Did Mayweather fight for free in his last 40 odd fights??? Make the phucking fight happen for boxing and not selfish ******ed dumbo reasons.
                    ******ed reasons?

Boxing is about entertainment, will this fight be entertaining? probably not

Will Mayweather get recognition above and beyond what he has proven over the last few years against the best available competition, probably yes.

Call me stupid but i dont Mayweather being reward for ducking every challenge available to him at 147 over the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                    X