Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum: Cotto vs. Mayweather; Cotto capable of beating Floyd

Old interview

Time: 3:05

Good point in the interview about young fighters should keep busy because the busier they are the better they become. To much time between fights their skills erode.

I would say the same for any fighter despite age.

Point of the Thread: I hope Arum still has this same attitude since it would be easier to make this fight happen. But Arum doesn't seem to like Floyd and Floyd doesn't seem to like Arum. Arum will probably want to keep Pac away from Floyd but maybe, just maybe, Arum will take a risk and make the fight between Cotto and Floyd, especially if Arum takes the "inactivity" approach and still thinks Cotto could possibly beat him; and it may favor Cotto at this point. However, Arum may just put Pac in with Cotto.

I would like to see Floyd fight Cotto but Cotto may have to demand Arum to back off and make the fight happen. Cotto can't continue with, "Well, I'll fight who my promoter wants me to fight." Cotto doesn't really mean that in the ducking sense but just puts his trust in his promoter. I think he does want Floyd; at least at this point, but he may have to step forward and tell Arum to make the ****ing fight.
    But it's also up to Floyd to fight him. Will he? Maybe it depends on the money, but,

Roger Mayweather on Cotto fight:

Time: 3:32

just for kicks:

Roger Mayweather predicts: "Mosley is going to whoop Margarito's ass!"

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 04-23-2009, 04:39 PM.

If Floyd and Arum stayed together, the fight would've already happened. Guarenteed. You can blame the fact that the fight never happened on that.

Comment

What Arum are we talking about here? Is this same Arum who is telling us that the brick hardend gauses were laced with nothing more than a little bit of hand cream? :tp: :toilet:

Comment

Floyd will never fight Cotto. I don't usually post things that I know could come back to bite me in the ass later, but I am THAT sure that he won't fight him. Why do you think he keeps retiring? What luck for Floyd that Margy cheated, Cotto lost, Paul Williams moved on, and old man Mosley is the top in the WW division!

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
          Floyd will never fight Cotto. I don't usually post things that I know could come back to bite me in the ass later, but I am THAT sure that he won't fight him. Why do you think he keeps retiring? What luck for Floyd that Margy cheated, Cotto lost, Paul Williams moved on, and old man Mosley is the top in the WW division!
          In an old Mayweather fan thread... you were deemed to be my rival...

Am I forgetting a large chunk of life or is this completely made up?

Comment

I really think Floyd would have shut out Cotto, and stopped him late.

Comment

Cotto would have a chance, but I think Mr boat buyer KO's him. Fight will never happen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                Cotto would have a chance, but I think Mr boat buyer KO's him. Fight will never happen anyway.
                Dawg you made that "Mr. Boat Guyer" name famous.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  No way, he Kos Cotto. Against Cotto he will be on defesive.

And he doesnt have that kind of Power.

Comment

Hey...If I recall, back in '98-03, Roy Jones had the same aura as Floyd for being undefeated (regardless of the DQ which nobody counted) and at the top of the Boxing world.

If you asked any of his fans then if they thought he'd ever lose or get KO'd you'd get the same response as the Floyd fanatics here when you say guys like Cotto or Mosley or Pac could indeed beat him.

If Floyd gets in there with the top guys right now, it's tough to say he has a huge edge over any of those 3 just because his name is Floyd Mayweather. I think that's where some people's judgement goes out the window and favoritism comes into play. If you look at a lot of these threads dealing with Floyd fighting any of the top guys you RARELY see his fans give reasons as to why and how Floyd would beat them much less KO a guy like Cotto who's proven he can hang with the best fighters and hardest hitters at WW. At least explain yourself (minus the bold lettering and colored fonts of course LOL)

Comment

Working...
                    X