No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler To Froch: Don't Worry, I'll Beat You Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    I believe that Froch has fought the better competition since the two of them fought and has improved while Kessler has more or less just remained stagnant.
    That's the way I see it as well. Froch's confidence is sky high right now, I would pick him to beat Kessler.

Especially if the Dane has the guts to go to Nottingham.

Comment

I got Froch in the rematch......

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        Froch will apparently never stop being the most overrated fighter in these forums. Why is it that some fans take zero note of the quality of opposition when assessing a fighters ablilities and so-called improvement? Froch can only go so far on guts and bravado. He can outbox and outpunch 3rd-tier guys like Yusaf Mack and fragile minded fighters like Bute, but Ward has shown himself to be several notches above that crowd. What kind of improvement in craft or speed has Froch shown since his first loss to Ward that wouldn honestly make someone believe that the outcome of a rematch would be any different? I would love to see the fight, but I'm convinced that it would only end worse for Froch (probable TKO or KO).
        Ward is so much better then Froch that if they fought 10 times Ward would beat him 15 times. And that is not a typo!
        Last edited by Ravens Fan; 11-20-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Froch will apparently never stop being the most overrated fighter in these forums. Why is it that some fans take zero note of the quality of opposition when assessing a fighters ablilities and so-called improvement? Froch can only go so far on guts and bravado. He can outbox and outpunch 3rd-tier guys like Yusaf Mack and fragile minded fighters like Bute, but Ward has shown himself to be several notches above that crowd. What kind of improvement in craft or speed has Froch shown since his first loss to Ward that wouldn honestly make someone believe that the outcome of a rematch would be any different? I would love to see the fight, but I'm convinced that it would only end worse for Froch (probable TKO or KO).
          Look at who Froch has fought since first winning a belt against Pascal in 2008. It's a who's who list of names. Can you name me a fighter that's faced a better string of opposition since that time? Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Glen Johnson, Bute, with Mack as the only soft touch. Froch was the underdog going into most of those fights and the only one that he clearly lost was against Ward. So yes, I think people on this forum are assessing the quality of opposition that Froch has faced when praising him

Comment

I really hope it's in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
              Look at who Froch has fought since first winning a belt against Pascal in 2008. It's a who's who list of names. Can you name me a fighter that's faced a better string of opposition since that time? Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Glen Johnson, Bute, with Mack as the only soft touch. Froch was the underdog going into most of those fights and the only one that he clearly lost was against Ward. So yes, I think people on this forum are assessing the quality of opposition that Froch has faced when praising him
              I am just looking at the list the way I see and I am not trying to take anything from Froch. Here goes. In my opinion Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight. And Froch still needed to take him out in the last 10 seconds or Taylor would have easily won the fight.

I believe that Froch lost to Dirrell in a fight that defines the definition of home town decision. In my opinion Dirrell made Froch look very amateurish. I also thought Kessler easily beat Froch at a time when he was going through all kinds of hell with his management. Not to mention the fact that Kessler had also got his a$$ handed to him by Ward in his previous fight.

In my opinion Abraham is a joke and is the definition of an eastern European fighter who wins a belt and fights easy opponents in Germany. Then he moves up and showed nothing for almost 24 rounds against both Dirrell and Froch.

I really like Glen Johnson but in reality he is 4-6 in his last ten fights and hasn't won a meaningful fight since the Jurassic period. And I was also a fan of Bute but he was obviously overrated. Honestly, I have to say that I wasn't even convinced of that when Froch sparked him. It was his last fight that really proved it to me. As for Mack he has been knocked out every time he has stepped up and Ward proved he is in a league of his own when he easily and totally dominated Froch.

What I don't understand is that Ward fought pretty much the same level of opponents in the Super Six as Froch. He then totally dominated Froch and then dominated the supposed best LH on the planet in Dawson, and yet somehow Froch seems to get more attention, why? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Comment

After Ward and Froch fight, Kessler is done at the elite level. I did have him winning by 1-2 pt over Froch. Just tellin the way it is

Comment

Kessler should beat Froch in Nottingham, then go fight Ward in the US. Not too realistic maybe, but possible with a bit of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    I am just looking at the list the way I see and I am not trying to take anything from Froch. Here goes. In my opinion Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight. And Froch still needed to take him out in the last 10 seconds or Taylor would have easily won the fight.

I believe that Froch lost to Dirrell in a fight that defines the definition of home town decision. In my opinion Dirrell made Froch look very amateurish. I also thought Kessler easily beat Froch at a time when he was going through all kinds of hell with his management. Not to mention the fact that Kessler had also got his a$$ handed to him by Ward in his previous fight.

In my opinion Abraham is a joke and is the definition of an eastern European fighter who wins a belt and fights easy opponents in Germany. Then he moves up and showed nothing for almost 24 rounds against both Dirrell and Froch.

I really like Glen Johnson but in reality he is 4-6 in his last ten fights and hasn't won a meaningful fight since the Jurassic period. And I was also a fan of Bute but he was obviously overrated. Honestly, I have to say that I wasn't even convinced of that when Froch sparked him. It was his last fight that really proved it to me. As for Mack he has been knocked out every time he has stepped up and Ward proved he is in a league of his own when he easily and totally dominated Froch.

What I don't understand is that Ward fought pretty much the same level of opponents in the Super Six as Froch. He then totally dominated Froch and then dominated the supposed best LH on the planet in Dawson, and yet somehow Froch seems to get more attention, why? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
                    Maybe it's the way Froch conducts himself with the media. When the guy talks he catches peoples' attention. Ward however is about as boring with a mic as Kendall Holt vs Mike Aranotis. Sure, Ward has fought great opposition, but his resume is not quite as impressive as Carl's, other than beating the man himself. Ever since he dominated Kessler Ward was the new favorite of everyone to win the tournament. He was not anywhere close to an underdog or even money in any of his fights since.

I guess you can make the case that Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight but I don't agree. Taylor followed it with a close points loss that could have gone either way, when most were predicting Pavlik to finish him earlier next time around. He then utterly dominated Jeff Lacey who was coming off of a clear win over Peter Manfredo. I would contend that it was Froch who finished Taylor's career as a world class fighter as he was never the same after Carl came from behind to pull the upset.

Now I agree that Dirrell probably deserved the nod against Froch but that fight had plenty of close rounds and was very difficult to score. However I felt Froch easily outpointed Kessler 117-111 on my card, but again, that fight was full of close rounds.

I personally feel that you have to give Froch more credit for what he did against Bute than Ward for what he did to Dawson because Ward was expected to win that fight and Froch once again pulled an upset. I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that
                      Dawson also beat Tomasz Adamek, remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X