Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Painful truth About trainers: Are Running Shoes a Waste of Money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    Half the problem is that the average person buys a shoe based on how it looks and how it feels walking 10 yards back and forth in the shoe store. Maybe if they could actually try it in an athletic endeavor they could make a better choice.

On top of that most people do not know how to run. The average person doesn't realize that Usain Bolt's heel never touches the surface of a track. I watch people run at the gym and it almost hurts me to see how flatfooted they are.

I loved when it was race time and got to put on my hard bottom 4 oz sp*kes because it was the closest thing to being barefoot.
    yeah, the lightest and most minimalistic shoes are the best for running, not like these big ass nike shox or whatever they called.
    And as for running, when I did some sprinting I knew when I was getting in the groove when I was running at the speed where I was barely touching the floor, as the enertia was pushing me so hard, thats how I was taught to run by my old soviet trainer. Most people, however, when they see my run, tell me I run weirdly because I pull my knees too high and keep my arms around shoulders. And surely barely anyone ever realizes that you run pretty much on your "toes" and the area of the foot close to it.

Comment

I ****ed up my knee running in chucks and vans.. it's really all I wear.
      I tried running in my old boxing shoes and there was less strain on my knees..
      I bought some running shoes after and I haven't had much problems with my knees.
      Never tried running barefoot.. I do my runs around the gym on concrete or at the running track at the fitness gym.
      People drop trash on grass a lot of times too and you run the risk of stepping on glass.

Comment

Most training accessories are detrimental to the athletes. That includes straps, weight belts, etc...

I would say; bad form of running is a bigger problem. Very few people actually know the best way to run to prevent injury.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          Don't be Stupid.
          Oh there's a real gem.

The biggest idiot on this forum, asking Brook to not be "Stupid".

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
          X